- ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY: This Columbia Women's Ice Maiden II boot features Techlite lightweight midsole for long lasting comfort, superior cushioning, and high energy return as well as Omni-Grip advanced traction rubber sole for slip-free movement.
- HANDY FEATURES: This women's winter boot is crafted of waterproof leather and textile construction and 200g insulation to keep you warm and dry during the worst of weather.
- ADJUSTABLE FEATURES: The Ice Maiden II winter boot features a lace-up closure for an adjustable, secure fit.
- FEMININE STYLE: This women's waterproof winter boot delivers a lux, feminine look that's versatile and stylish. Fit tip-it runs true to size. Features seam sealed membrane bootie construction
- This Columbia Women's Ice Maiden II winter boot is lightweight with a waterproof, insulated construction. It's perfect for winter's worst days.
- ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY: Columbia Women's Newton Ridge Plus Waterproof Hiking Boot features our lightweight, durable midsole for long lasting comfort, superior cushioning, and high energy return as well as an advanced traction rubber sole for slip-free movement on rough ground.
- HANDY FEATURES: Treacherous days out on the trail are comfortable and worry-free with this boot's waterproof full-grain leather and mesh bootie construction and its durable mesh tongue for breathability.
- ADJUSTABLE FEATURES: The Newton Ridge Plus Waterproof Hiking Boot features a lace-up closure for an adjustable, secure fit.
- FEMININE STYLE: This women's waterproof hiking boot delivers style and durability with its contrasting color combinations and soft mesh exterior.
- OMNI-GRIP: This multi-terrain traction system matches specially formulated compounds and treads to specific environments. A dual-zone winter tread pattern ensures solid footing on surfaces such as ice and snow.
- Waterproof PVC upper
- Waterproof construction
- 7mm sheepskin insole
- Matte finish
- Textile lining
- WATERPROOF: KEEN.DRY waterproof breathable membrane provides a waterproofing without sacrificing breathability and comfort
- TRACTION & PROTECTION: 4mm multi-directional lugs for increased traction on and off the trails; KEEN.ALL-TERRAIN rubber outsole for higher-traction grip when you need it
- SUPPORT & COMFORT: Breathable mesh lining and removable, dual-density EVA footbed with arch support offer long-lasting comfort and support; The stability shank delivers lightweight support on uneven surfaces
- STYLE & FIT: Featuring KEEN’s KonnectFit heel-capture system for a locked-in feel; Built on a women’s specific foot form for a more narrow and precise fit
- CARE TIPS: Gently brush the footwear with a soft, damp sponge to remove loose dirt and restore surface; Stains should be treated immediately with a gentle cleaner
- WATERPROOF: KEEN.DRY waterproof, breathable membrane that will keep your feet dry and comfortable in wet terrains; The Targhee 3 has a leather mud shield for resilient durability in all condition
- TRACTION: KEEN ALL–TERRAIN rubber outsole provides high-traction grip in muddy environments and on rocky surfaces; Along with 4mm multi-directional lugs for superior traction
- FIT & DESIGN: Built on a women-specific foot form; Crafted with a dual density EVA midsole to support comfort and help reduce the overall weight of the shoe
- SUPPORT & COMFORT: External stability shank offers lightweight support for improved mobility and torsion control on uneven surfaces; Cushioned collar reduces irritation and discomfort around ankle; Reinforced eyelets work to seal foot in place
- CARE TIPS: Gently brush with a soft bristle brush or hand towel to remove dirt; Stains can be treated by lightly rubbing a with a gum eraser; Tough stains can be treated with a mixture of water and a little vinegar on a damp cloth, beware discoloration
- Ultra soft faux fur lining and insole for best comfort
- FITTING TIP: TRUE TO SIZE, WIDE WIDTH CUSTOMER MIGHT ORDER HALF SIZE UP.
- Durable EVA rubber outsole with tread design delivers traction
- Snow boot featuring woven back panel with dual adjustable buckle straps
- Approx measurements-Heel height: 0.75" , Top opening circumference: 13", Shaft Height: 9"
- Waterproof mesh upper and Hydroshield Membrane waterproof, always keeps feet dry. Molded TPU ankle support and Moisture-wicking mesh lining
- Rubber Toe Cap protection and Rubber Outsole for optimal trail grip while hiking. You will find it that a very aggressive sole to grab the rocks and give good traction
- It may be a bit small than normal size, recommend ordering a half-size or a full size up from your normal size
- FUNCTIONALITY AND FASHION - These Boots feature special technology to protect your feet, molding rubber toe cap and molding TPU at heel for perfect protection, cushioned EVA midsole makes the boots durable, stable, lightweight and comfort in hiking trip. If by any chance that you're not satisfied, please give us a chance to make it right and contact us so that we can help solve your problem
- This lifestyle hiking boots provide special technology to protect your feet, directly molding rubber toe cap and molding TPU at heel for perfect protection, innovative design of hiding EVA midsole makes the boots durable and stable, lightweight and comfort
- ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY: Features our lightweight, durable midsole for long lasting comfort, superior cushioning, and high energy return as well as an advanced traction rubber sole for slip-free movement on rough ground.
- HANDY FEATURES: Treacherous days out on the trail are comfortable and worry-free with this boot's waterproof full-grain leather and suede bootie construction and its durable mesh tongue for breathability.
- ADJUSTABLE FEATURES: The Newton Ridge Plus Waterproof Amped hiking boot features a lace-up closure for an adjustable, secure fit.
- FEMININE STYLE: This women's waterproof hiking boot delivers a style with durability with it's contrasting color combinations and soft suede exterior.
- OMNI-GRIP: This multi-terrain traction system matches specially formulated compounds and treads to specific environments. A dual-zone winter tread pattern ensures solid footing on surfaces such as ice and snow.
- Waterproof leather uppers
- seam-seald waterproof construction
- 10MM curly UGGpure lining and insole
- Features medial zipper and moisture wicking brushed twill
- Molded Spider Rubber outsole
- Joan of Arctic Collection: A winter style icon, this boot is a Sorel fan favourite
- Winter Boots Women: Made of waterproof suede upper with faux fur cuff for snowy errand running
- Quality Outsole: Features handcrafted waterproof vulcanized rubber shell with herringbone outsole
- Insole Design: Made of removable 6 mm washable recycled felt inner boot for added comfort
- Comfortable: The 3/4-inch heel and 1/2-inch platform provide all-day wear
- Key features of waterproof boots
- Considerations when choosing Waterproof Boots for Women
- Benefits and Advantages of Waterproof Boots for Women
- How to Take Care of Waterproof Boots
- TOP 15 BEST WATERPROOF BOOTS FOR WOMEN IN 2019
- 1. Merrell Women’s Moab 2 Mid Waterproof Hiking Boot
- 2. Forsake Patch – Women’s Waterproof Premium Leather Hiking Boot
- 3. Columbia Women’s Newton Ridge plus Waterproof Amped Hiking Boot
- 4. Timberland Women’s White Ledge mid Ankle Boot
- 5. Ahnu Women’s W Sugarpine II Waterproof Hiking Boot
- 6. Kodiak Women’s Surrey II Hiking Boot
- 7. Timberland Women’s Norwood mid Waterproof Hiking Boot
- 8. KEEN Women’s Oakridge mid Waterproof Boot
- 9. Sorel Women’s Slimpack II Lace
- 10. Manfen Women’s Mid-Rise Waterproof Hiking Boot
- 11. Hi-Tec Women’s Skamania Mid-Rise Waterproof Hiking Boot
- 12. KEEN Women’s Terradora Leather mid wp-w Hiking Shoe
- 13. XPETI Women’s Thermador mid High-Top Waterproof Hiking Outdoor Boot
- 14. The North Face Women’s Shellista II mid – Dachshund Brown & Demitasse Brown – 8.5
- 15. Nevados Women’s Klondike Waterproof Hiking Boot
Key features of waterproof boots
Boots are usually designed to cover the ankle along with your feet and protect against strains and injury during outdoor activities. The basic components of waterproof boots are as follows.
The Upper component of best waterproof boots support and protect the feet and give it a comfortable and snug fit. It should be waterproof and breathable to prevent moisture and keep the feet dry, preventing blisters and buildup of odor.
Soles can be made from tough rubber and deep lugged into the boots, especially for hiking boots. It prevents friction and slipping, absorbs shock and high impact jumps and provides cushioning effect between the ground and feet.
Tongues are flaps that lie over the inlet of the upper. It is underneath the laces when they r tied and its primary function is to not let dirt, water and debris enter the waterproof boots.
Linings and Paddings can be added to provide an extra cushioning effect for support and protection of the feet.
Insoles are the bottom most part of the inner surface where the feet rest. They need to conform the feet’s curvature perfectly to ensure maximum balance and support.
Shanks are built into the sole and are made of stiff metal plates or plastic. Boots can be of half-length, three quarter or full length shanks. It increases the stiffness of the boots.
Scree Collars protect the ankle and Achilles tendon from abrasion and chafing.
Crampon Connections can sometimes be added to provide firm grip especially when walking on snow or ice.
Women’s feet are different than men’s in terms of width and shape, so the best waterproof boots for women comply with the natural contours of women’s feet.
Read our complete guide about the best snow boots for women.
Considerations when choosing Waterproof Boots for Women
Women’s waterproof boots are different in terms of arch support, length and width. They should feel comfortable and offer balance and stability when on, with adequate and satisfactory ankle and heel support as these are the most common places of injury due to an ill-fitting boot. Here are some other important things to look out for.
Weight and Durability – Depending on the user’s preference, the waterproof boots come in varying weights. The general rule is the weight of the boot is directly proportional to the amount of support and sturdiness it provides, however, you must remember that it will weigh your feet down and it isn’t something you’d want when going for long hikes as it will tire you out pretty quick. On the other hand, medium to light weight boots have the advantage of being more comfortable and can be used for short hikes and strolls.
Comfort – It is important to try out different pairs and walk in them to assess the level of comfort and ease of breaking in to your boots. Go for the brands with boots that conform to the width of your feet as it is the most important factor in determining a comfortable fit. Wide feet stuffed inside narrow boots can be agonizing and vice versa, so make sure your boots offer a snug fit.
Materials – The care and maintenance of the boots depend on the materials they are made from. For instance, leather boots demand more upkeep and care to stay durable and tough. It’s also important to occasionally treat the waterproof boots with waterproof material and conditioner to keep them shiny and sparkling new. Shoes made from fabric are more comfortable and require low maintenance. They are also more breathable and keep your feet dry for long periods.
Waterproof and Insulation – When buying waterproof boots, make sure that there is a written guarantee of waterproof protection as some boots can simply be water resistant/repellant which is different from being waterproof and doesn’t really keep your feet dry! Also make sure the shoes have sufficient insulation. This depends on extra lining and paddings especially around the collar and tongue. Cold and wet feet can ruin your outdoor adventures and irritate the skin. Also make sure to buy boots that are slip resistant in wet areas and ice.
Brand – There are many great options available in the market, but what works for one person might not work for you. Know your feet in order to decide the best product and brand that will help you in the long run. Waterproof boots can be an expensive investment and it’s important to consider the width and curve of your feet and not just the standard size of the boots as every brand has their own unique configurations and designs.
Read our latest guide about the best hiking boots for women.
Benefits and Advantages of Waterproof Boots for Women
Waterproof Boots are versatile and come in handy during outdoor activities. They are also customized to fit a particular military group or law enforcement agency and can be made in special patterns and colors to match the uniform. They vary in shapes, sizes and designs and are personalized to comfortably fit women.
These waterproof boots will be your best friend during cold and rainy seasons. You can walk tall and comfortable on wet platforms and ice prone areas without a single worry. They protect the feet from moisture, blisters, irritation, and redness and prevents odor. The boots can be recycled and resold. They are tough, resilient and highly durable. You can enjoy a wide range of outdoor activities like hiking, trekking, snowboarding, walking and climbing in comfort and safety.
How to Take Care of Waterproof Boots
Waterproof boots are invaluable and although they are quite sturdy and durable on their own, it is also important to look after them and take special care so they last you a long time and look brand new every time you wear them for your next excursion.
After coming back from your trips, remove the laces and wash them separately. Knock the boots together to dislodge soil, loose dirt and debris. You can use a gentle cleaning gel or spray on the boots to keep them shiny and clean it off with rags. You can then run the boots through a light stream of water and let the boots dry naturally. Do not use any blow dryer or fan as it can cause the material to shrink or crack, especially if the shoes are made from leather.
You can also use conditioning oil on the boots once they are fully dried. This keeps the outer material supple and soft and prevents cracking and brittle texture overtime. You can apply waterproof wax once a year to enhance the waterproof quality of your boots. It also makes the boots look shiny and new even after years of use. Make sure that you let the boots become completely dry before wearing them again. Keep the soles, tongue and laces clean.
1. Merrell Women’s Moab 2 Mid Waterproof Hiking Boot
Moab stands for the Mother of all Boots. Staying true to its name, the best waterproof boots for women by Moab are versatile and durable to fit your needs and carry you through adventurous expeditions and excursions with ease and comfort. Experience out of the box luxury and safety with these waterproof boots specially designed for long hikes. The support and stability offered by the waterproof boots is commendable and with durable leather, Vibram traction and supportive foot bed, you will find these boots to be the complete package!
Features and Components
Merrell’s waterproof hiking boots have exclusive and high class features and design.
Upper component is made of breathable mesh with suede leather. It allows free flow of air through the material, enabling good ventilation and making it breathable. The moisture-wicking technology of M Select DRY keeps the feet dry and comfortable, preventing moisture and blisters. The boots have mid-cut height with ample support for ankles.
The Tongue prevents any debris or dirt from entering the boots and increases the comfort and cushioning of the footgear. There is a mesh lining on the inner side to provide a soft feel.
The Rubber toe cap secures the toe region against knocking and stones, roots, rocks and other obstructions along the trail.
Vibram TC5+ Outsole
The Vibram outsole is highly resistant to abrasion and makes the boot last for several years. It provides ample traction and prevents slippage. It works in synergy with the 5mm deep lugs. This provides firm control and grip over slippery surfaces with wetness or ice/snow.
M Select FIT.ECO Midsole
The midsole is highly flexible and comfortable in the form of a contoured ethyl vinyl acetate cushion which comforts the heel region and zonal arch. The heel measures around 1.5 inches. The molded nylon arch shank provides stiffness, stability and support. The Merrel Air Cushion further enhances the load bearing capacity of heel area, and absorbs over four times the weight of an individual when lined up correctly. The boots come in medium and wide widths for women.
- Highly comfortable and durable.
- Remarkable traction.
- Breathable material with Gore-Tex lining.
- Glove-like snug and secure fit.
- Lackluster underfoot support.
2. Forsake Patch – Women’s Waterproof Premium Leather Hiking Boot
Forsake products are made from high quality waterproof leather with rugged and sturdy craftsmanship, peak to pavement traction and molded, comfortable EVA soles to give you the best outdoor experience. The patch has an ultimate blend of steel-clad support and all day long comfort. It wouldn’t let your adventurous detours get hindered and give you great water resistance and stability. Walk in comfort with extra cushioning and a breathable membrane to keep your feet dry and moisture free all day long, limiting the chances of skin rashes, blisters or infection.
Premium Sneaker Boot Design
The high quality waxed leather is not only durable, but looks great and stylish, highlighting your entire look and goes well with most outfits. It offers a protective outer membrane, making the boots waterproof and sleek. It is highly comfortable on most surfaces, and can be used as an everyday wear or during sports and outdoor activities. Walk without fear on slippery or wet surfaces, the boots will always give you stability and balance.
The boots have a customizable look with alternate laces. You can choose from two aesthetically pleasing sets of nylon laces to go with your patch boots. The upper made from full grain leather, pure suede and ballistic nylon feels great and makes it an ideal wear for sports performances and outdoor adventures.
Breathable, Waterproof Material
The internal construction of the waterproof boots keep moisture at bay at all times and is highly breathable, allowing a constant flow of air and keeping your feet dry and comfy. It has a gusseted tongue and taped seams, making it an ideal footwear for slush, snow, rain or to use with comfort on any wet and slippery surface.
The composite shank of the waterproof boots provide stability and support on variable terrain. The peak to pavement outsole also offers traction on hilly slopes. The foot beds are smell resistant and have anti-microbial treatment. The sweat wicking linings are breathable and keep your feet cool and comfortable.
- Premium and durable full grain leather.
- Waterproof, breathable and antimicrobial.
- Peak to pavement outsole.
- Sleek and stylish design.
- Arch support is not good.
3. Columbia Women’s Newton Ridge plus Waterproof Amped Hiking Boot
The classic waterproof hiking boots are Columbia’s signature footwear. They are constructed with premium full grain leather and suede upper, giving it a high quality and rich, sleek look. They are highly comfortable and customizable with D-ring metal eyelets and laces. The techlite midsole coupled with traction rubber outsole gives you hours of secure, waterproof surface with stability and balance. Enjoy your outdoor adventures with the classic Columbia hiking boots with special design and measurements for women to ensure a snug fit.
Water and Stain Repellent
The boots are fully water and stain repellant, which is not only comfortable for the feet but also makes the boots look sleek and stylish. Walk on trails with multi directional tread zones for clambering and forward traction zone for high speed. The compact tread zone is ideal for walking on packed snow and ice. The open digging zone helps you stay stable on soft snow or powder grip.
Forward traction zone keeps your grip strong on loose dirt often encountered during long hikes. Perimeter stability zone will give you a solid and secure footing for weighted treks. The ingenious design of the boots feature small cuts that allow water to move out from under the shoe. This is called the molded sipped zone and offers incredible traction on wet and slippery surfaces and the perimeter dry surface zone give you stability and traction on solid ground.
The high quality, waterproof Columbia Women’s Newton Ridge Plus have excellent features with advanced technology design. The Techlite lightweight midsole give you lasting comfort. The inner surfaces have extra padding and cushioning, along with high energy return and Omni Grip advanced traction rubber sole. This helps you to stay stable on slippery surfaces.
The full grain leather and suede are completely waterproof and the durable mesh tongue further aids in breathability. Adjust the fit of the boots according to your comfort with adjustable lace up closure and feminine design. The shaft measures around 5 inches from the boot’s arch.
- Water and stain resistant.
- Techlite lightweight midsole.
- Superior cushioning and comfort.
- Feminine style and measurements.
- Omni Grip advanced traction rubber sole.
- Toe area can feel a bit constricted.
4. Timberland Women’s White Ledge mid Ankle Boot
Timberland produces excellent quality, premium and sturdy waterproof leather boots for women. The materials and design used for the construction of these waterproof boots is tough and rugged, making it last over several years. Timberland brings you comfort and style with enhanced performance and ecofriendly materials. The women’s white ledge mid-ankle waterproof boots are one of their bestselling items. It offers great insulation, comfort and keeps the feet dry all day long. You can wear these to work, match them up with your everyday outfits or have outdoor adventures.
Full-grain Waterproof Leather Material
The high quality full grain leather upper gives comfort, durability and water resistance to the boots with a sleek and elegant design. It has a seam sealed waterproof construction and is highly breathable, allowing constant airflow to keep the feet cool and dry. This prevents any skin irritation, blisters or pain during long walks and hikes.
The boots are also rust proof so with repeated contact with water, the material wouldn’t warp or stain. The speed lace hardware comes with hooks for secure lacing and a snug fit. The highly efficient trail ready performance of the boots is ideally designed to fit your needs for outdoor adventures.
The seam sealed construction ensures safety and waterproofing. It has a removable dual density EVA foot bed that provides immense comfort and absorbs high impact jumps on hard surfaces. The B.S.F.P. motion efficiency system has active rubber lug outsole. This provides traction and resistance against slippage on wet surfaces and keeps you steady and stable on ice or snow.
Padded collar and gusseted tongue further reinforces the comfortable and snugly fit of the boots, and also prevents dirt and sand from entering inside the boots. It is fairly easy to care for these low maintenance boots. Let them dry naturally after contact with water and keep the leather well-polished to help them retain their elegant look and durability.
- Stylish and high quality leather upper.
- Waterproof and durable.
- Removable dual density EVA foot bed.
- Rubber lug outsole for traction.
- The sole is not very thick and can be a bit narrow.
5. Ahnu Women’s W Sugarpine II Waterproof Hiking Boot
These high quality waterproof boots for women are highly durable and comfortable on the trail, and fashionable for everyday use! They are synthetic mid height contender, greatly water resistant and supportive for long trails and hikes, while being light on the feet. They don’t tire you out from longer walks and keep your feet comfortable and dry at all times, protecting them from blisters and infections.
The Updated Sugarpine II
The updates on Sugarpine boots are mostly aesthetic, with a great new upper and outsole construction. The upper of Sugarpine II has a new mesh rip stop material with a heathery detailed work to give it a stylish look. The new Vibram outsole is the same as its original counterpart, but with a refreshed new look and a cleaner edge.
Comfort and Support
It takes very little time to break into these boots, and are adjustable for different widths and contours of a women’s feet owing to their laced construction. They can be tightly laced right up to the toes which helps greatly to keep them comfortable and snug during long trails. As these boots are designed chiefly for women, there is extra support in the arch and heel area. The ankle height is also far up to make the ankles comfortable and well supported with extra padding. This also prevents dirt and debris from entering inside the boots.
The soles are relatively stiff due to the integrated nylon shank in the midfoot region and the shock dispersal plate at the forefoot region. It is highly supportive and protects the bottom of the feet against rocky roads and pebbles.
Weight and Traction
The boots are delightfully light yet sturdy. The stiff sole and ankle support along with synthetic uppers with minimalist treat pattern makes it tough and light. The tread pattern and lug depths also help with traction. Vibram rubber provides suction and maintains grip on loose rocks, slabs and boulders. The boots are highly water resistant and durable, with gusseted tongues and eVent liners.
- Durable and comfortable with a light weight construction.
- Great ankle and heel support.
- Highly water resistant and breathable.
- Sleek and stylish design.
- The boots are expensive.
6. Kodiak Women’s Surrey II Hiking Boot
For years, Kodiak classic has been a top brand for their rich and waterproof leather boots with timeless and sleek patterns to give you highly functional footwear. These boots are great for everyday use and will be your best companion through all your outdoor adventures. As the weather changes, the boots offer you traction and insulation. Be it the chilly winters or crisp autumns, you can expect the best out of these boots in terms of comfort and water resistance. They are breathable and protect the feet, keep them cozy and dry, and prevent blisters and infections.
Surrey II Design and Upgrades
The Surry II design is aesthetically pleasing with exclusive new features. They are inspired from the classic hiker style boots for women but their exceptional and versatile construction make them a great everyday wear. The waterproof leather is highly breathable and durable. The fashionable felted wool collar will insulate your feet, keep them warm, and prevent water and debris from entering inside the boots. They will definitely be your go to boots for all occasions!
Slip-Resistance and Traction
The thick rubber sole construction with serrated patterns offer great resistance on slippery, wet or cold surfaces. They are great for walking on ice or snow. It will give you excellent grip over loose rocks, boulders and pebbles. The removable leather memory foam insole further enhances this feature. It also distributes shock evenly through the surface, protecting your feet and joints from high impact jumps on hard surfaces and injuries. The cushioning effect of the rubber soles is comforting for the feet during long walks and hikes.
The waterproof leather has sealed seams and can be laced up for a snug fit. It has a waterproof membrane that not only provides resistance against water, but also dust and debris. They keep the feet dry all day long, prevents buildup of moisture and odor and let the feet breathe with constant outflow of air. The 200 GM Thinsulate insulation and microfiber lining will give you great support and comfort. Enjoy these stylish boots with leather welt, wooden heels and anti-corrosive hardware.
- Upgraded design and felted wool collar.
- Slip resistant rubber sole.
- 200 GM Thinsulate insulation and waterproof membrane.
- Anti-corrosive hardware.
7. Timberland Women’s Norwood mid Waterproof Hiking Boot
This waterproof women’s boot is made from high quality waterproof leather and textile. It offers both style and comfort, and is best suited for outdoor adventures. The snug fit and insulation offers great protection and stability, while the breathable membrane keeps your feet dry and comfortable all day long. They can be worn for everyday use as well. It keeps moisture at bay, keeps your feet cushioned and prevents formation of blisters and skin infections.
Timberland brand is well known for their efficient and stylish boots. The dark and classy colors will compliment your everyday outfits quite well and offer a great fit. They are crafted from one of the finest waterproof leather and the fabric and rubber lug outsole keeps your feet secure and protected against water, snow, rain and doesn’t let dirt and debris get inside the shoes.
The insulation lining keeps the feet warm and dry. They are lightweight and doesn’t tire you out after long walks and hikes. They are sturdy and protective while staying light and gentle on the feet. The midsole and fabric gusseted tongue keep water and dust away from entering the boots while offering secure fit and support.
Excellent Grip and Shock-absorption
The compression molded EVA midsole has excellent shock absorbent properties and it distributes shock evenly throughout the area of the boot. It prevents injuries against high impact jumps on hard surfaces and rocky surfaces with loose pebbles and rocks. The outsoles have great grip and keep you safe against different kinds of terrain.
The shaft of the boots measure ankle high from the arch. The boots are quite light in weight so they are ideal for traveling and packing. The boots are best suited for women and are made according to the contours and widths of women’s feet. They are great for colder weathers as they have insulation and additional paddings to keep the feet warm against brutal winds and snow.
- Highly efficient waterproof membrane.
- Premium, high quality and durable leather.
- Great arch and ankle support.
- Ideal for outdoor activities and cold weathers.
- Narrow fit.
- Not recommended for long backpacking trips.
8. KEEN Women’s Oakridge mid Waterproof Boot
Keen is a go to company for comfortable and durable footwear. Their products are supremely comfortable with high quality construction. A good fitting boot is very important to enjoy outdoor treks and hikes without any setbacks or foot injuries, as the feet are prone to getting injured or infected if they stay cold, wet or uncomfortable. The Oakridge waterproof boots by Keen will be your best friend during your hiking adventures. The boots are highly functional, water and dust repellant and have a snug feet, specially keeping the contours and widths of women’s feet in mind.
Comfort and Support
The Oakridge waterproof boots are very comfortable to break into and offer a great fit. The boots have ample room internally to accommodate different widths and have a solid arch support. The mid hiking boots provide great ankle support as compared to a low cut boot. They are perfect for average mountain hikes without causing any heel slips or blisters.
The upper is made purely of high quality leather. The light weight design doesn’t tire the feet out when worn for long periods. The compression molded eva midsole is shock absorbent and evenly distributes shock and high impact forces throughout the boots, protecting the feet from strains and injuries. They also provide stability and support over rough and slippery surfaces. Thee 4mm multi directional lugs and rubber sole gives you a firm grip and traction, keeping your balance steady throughout the trail.
Durable Waterproof Lining
The dry waterproof lining on the boots keep your feet dry and comfortable, preventing the formation of blisters. Even if the boots are submerged in water for a long time when worn, they don’t let the water enter! The snug fit around the ankles and gusseted tongue further ensures the waterproofing. It also keeps debris and dust away. The boots are breathable and keep the feet cool and moisture free. The laces with speed lacing eyelets offer a snug fit. We recommend a ½ size up while ordering.
- Comfortable and durable construction.
- Waterproof mesh lining.
- 4mm traction lugs.
- Non marking rubber outsole.
- Inner foot bed doesn’t offer good arch support.
9. Sorel Women’s Slimpack II Lace
Sorel was founded in 1962, and since then it’s famous for producing high quality products with excellent and expert craftsmanship. The modern and classy design of the boots makes them and excellent choice for daily wear as well as for comfort and support during outdoor adventures. The Sorel boots have felt, wool and premium leather that works together in flawless design and construction. These boots will give you, comfort, insulation, protection and safety while keeping your feet dry and preventing blisters and skin infections.
The Slimpack II Lace by Sorel has feminine silhouette and construction to fit the width and contours of women’s feet snuggly. They keep the feet exquisitely warm, making them an ideal winter wear. The waterproof full grain leather upper is stylish and sleek. The boot have a microfleece collar that prevents dirt and debris from entering inside.
Seam-sealed waterproof construction with a breathable membrane allows you to walk comfortably without buildup of moisture or odor as it lets steady outflow of air. 100g insulation layer keeps the feet warm and comfortable in harsh winter winds and snow. Lace up closure along with metal eyelets ensure a comfort and snug fit. The boot feature pull-on tab at heel area allowing them to easily come on and off.
Vulcanized rubber midsole
The vulcanized rubber used for the midsole provides cushioning and shock absorption. It reduces impact and prevent injury. The waterproof vulcanized rubber shell along with herringbone outsole also provide ample insulation during winters, snow and water. The leather wrapped heel provides stability, comfort and great posture.
The vulcanized rubber compound serves in providing good grip and traction against wet surfaces, slippage and loose rocks and boulders. Furthermore, the molded EVA foot bed offers great arch support and stability while maintaining traction. The boots are fairly light in weight and wont tire out your feet on long hikes and treks.
- Improved design with a feminine silhouette.
- Microfleece collar for added comfort and snug fit.
- Seam sealed waterproof construction.
- 100g insulation to keep the feet warm and dry.
- The heels can feel a bit uncomfortable.
10. Manfen Women’s Mid-Rise Waterproof Hiking Boot
The Manfen Women’s waterproof hiking boots are a great investment that will last you a long time and be your best companion during outdoor adventures. They are excellent for wet and cold weathers, protecting your feet from blisters and skin infections, and protecting against snow and harsh winter winds. The boots are a bit heavy and provide good insulation, but the seamless construction and design still feels light on the feet and it’s quite comfortable to walk in them. Enjoy these great pair of boots in lustrous and trendy design and colors.
The boots are constructed with synthetic upper and total toecap protection, so even if you stub the toe region on a hard surface, you won’t feel a thing! It provides excellent insulation with 200 grams of Thinsulate Insulation, keeping the feet dry and warm even at -30C temperature drop. The waterproof membrane gives full proof protection against water and snow. It allows ample outflow of air and is highly breathable. The shaft measure around 8 inches from the arch of the boots.
Feet and Ankle Protection
Feet and ankle protection is the most crucial aspect when hiking. Manfen waterproof boots have excellent arch support along with high upper reaching up to the ankles, keeping them well protected and warm. The boots are made entirely from synthetic rubber, and absorbs shock on high impact, preventing injuries and providing excellent traction on wet and slippery surfaces. The grooves and crevices at the bottom provide good grip on loose rocks and boulders. The TPU backstay with snowshoe strap ridge offers good footfall on snow. They also work well on rugged and sandy surfaces.
Snug Fit and Comfort
The high shaft along with full lace up closure provides a snug and secure fit. It is recommended to buy one size up for a good fit. The solid internal construction runs up to the sides and prevents ankles for strains and twists. They are quite stiff and comfortable with good stability.
- Excellent traction and firm grip.
- Good insulation and completely waterproof.
- Good tread.
- Great ankle support.
- The insole is hard.
- Can be too warm for tropical weather or summers.
11. Hi-Tec Women’s Skamania Mid-Rise Waterproof Hiking Boot
The best thing about Hi Tec Women’s Skamania waterproof boots is the value, performance, durability and great traction due to superior quality construction and expert craftsmanship. They are one of the best boots for hiking, as it provide safety and comfort during long treks with its excellent grip and secure and snug fit. The highly waterproof and breathable membrane protects your feet against water, snow and ice and keep dirt and debris away from entering the boots.
Durable Mixed Materials
The waterproof hiking boots for women are made from durable suede and fabric materials with a sturdy and tough rubber sole that lasts for several years without any wear and tear. The mesh and suede work great together in providing a trendy and stylish design and keeping water and dirt at bay. It is breathable and allows a steady flow of air to prevent the buildup of moisture and odor. The rubber outsoles are thick and provide multi directional traction, allowing you to walk freely on wet and slippery surfaces as well as loose rocks and boulders. Steel shanks further reinforce stability, support and traction.
The compression-molded EVA midsole absorbs shock on high impact and prevents injuries. It also provides cushioning and comfort to the feet and prevent blisters, making long treks and hike comfortable. The molded EVA foot bed is removable and provides insulation and cushioning. Extra padding around the collars along with Ghillie lacing system and rustproof hardware gives you a snug and secure fit.
Dri-Tec Breathable and Waterproof Membrane
The Dri Tec waterproof technology membrane ensures a complete waterproof protection and breathability. The Dri Tec Membrane provides premium waterproofing along with excellent vapor transmission to enhance your performance on wet surfaces. The microscopic pore of the membrane allow vapors to escape and keep your feet dry.
The boots have plenty of room for the feet to breathe and walk in comfort. The boots will last you a long time owing to its excellent features, rust proof and waterproof quality and breathability.
- Dri-Tec Waterproof technology.
- Ghillie lacing system with rustproof hardware.
- Breathable and comfortable.
- Stiff ankle support.
12. KEEN Women’s Terradora Leather mid wp-w Hiking Shoe
The Keen Terradora Mid Waterproof Boots are made specifically for women, keeping the natural contours and width of a women’s feet in mind. They are great for long hikes and outdoor activities especially in winters and snow. They are quite easy to break into and surprisingly light in weight! The low density and breathable materials along with a great finish and fashionable design makes the boots great for every day wear as well.
Comfort and Flexibility
The boots have a fairly soft and cushioned panel at the back region, which takes off pressure from the Achilles tendons and keep you safe and comfortable. Also, the flawless construction of the boots to fit women’s feet make them very snug. The foam foot beds further enhance the comfortability by molding the outline and contours of the sole and providing good arch support. All of these work in combination to keep the feet comfortable and blister free.
The boots allow the feet to move owing to its great flexibility. The mid sole is constructed to make an even transition from the heel to forefoot with good flex. Even the rugged and slippery paths and treks will feel like a breeze to pass over with flexibility and comfort!
Traction and Waterproofing
The rubber outsole of the boots are quite thick with a stiff and supportive shank, specifically designed for excellent traction on all types of terrain, be it the wet and slippery snow and rugged and pebbled tracks. The 4mm lugs pattern on the outer sole along with the deeper lug also reinforces the traction and firm grip of the boots.
The KEENDry membrane combined with mesh lining keep your feet moisture free and prevent odor formation. They provide great outflow of air at all times, making the boots breathable and keeping the feet dry and comfortable. The Cleansport NXT treatment naturally controls the odor and keeps the feet daisy fresh. The waterproof membrane is tough and durable, making it easy to tackle even the sloppiest treks with ease.
- Cushion panel and contoured heel lock.
- KeenDry waterproof membrane.
- Excellent traction.
- Light weight.
- Thin soles.
13. XPETI Women’s Thermador mid High-Top Waterproof Hiking Outdoor Boot
The Thermador casual hiking boots for women are constructed with premium and advanced technology to keep your feet dry and protected. The molded rubber toe cap and TPU provide comfort and prevent injuries to the feet. The boots remain dry at all times and are highly breathable and waterproof, keeping the feet dry and preventing the formation of blisters or skin infections. They are great for outdoor activities, hiking, long treks and can be matched with everyday outfits and used as a casual, everyday wear.
Fashionable and Functional Boots
The special technology used for the construction of the boots offer great stability and support. The molding rubber toe cap will protect the toe region even if stubbed on a hard surface. They protect the feet and prevent high impact injuries. The molded TPU heel are great for posture and provide stability and balance.
The cushioned EVA midsole is shock absorbent and provides cushioning to the feet, keeping them comfortable all day long. The durable materials provide stability and are ideal for hiking especially during cold weather. The 200 grams of Thinsulate insulation will keep your feet warm even at a temperature drop of -30C or below. The boots are light in weight, owing to the low density and sturdy materials. They feel even lighter on the feet and won’t tire you out even after long hikes.
Waterproofing and Traction
The waterproof mesh upper long with synthetic rubber and mixed fibers make the boots highly waterproof. The hydro shield membrane is breathable and lets vapor escape the surface of the boots, maintaining a steady flow of air and prevents buildup of odor or blisters on the feet.
The rubber toe cap coupled with thick rubber outsole offers great traction and optimal trail grip. You can walk on loose rubble, snow, rocks and boulders without any slippage. They also provide cushioning and protection against high impact forces. The snug fit of the boots prevent debris and dust from entering the boots. It is recommended to order a size up for good fit.
- Breathable hydro shield membrane.
- Comfortable and durable materials.
- Good traction.
- Trendy and fashionable design.
- Too warm for summers or tropical climate.
14. The North Face Women’s Shellista II mid – Dachshund Brown & Demitasse Brown – 8.5
The North Face Shellista II Waterproof women’s boots are a versatile Editor’s Choice award winner. These are your go to set of boots for light treks and hiking or for everyday use. They keep the feet warm and cozy and look great with everyday outfits. The beautiful design and features including 12 inches leather shaft and waterproof nubuck leather provides excellent protection against cold weather, snow and rain. It has a decent traction and easy to break in to. They will keep your feet dry and secured from blisters and skin infections.
These boots are ideally designed to keep the feet warm when the temperature drops to double digits. The 200 grams Primaloft Silver Eco Insulation keeps the feet warm and generates heat during motion. The sole is thicker too, for cushioning and reinforcing insulation. The thinner shaft material is breathable and permits air flow and some heat distribution to avoid moisture build up and odor.
The boots are snow resistant and waterproof up to its knit topper. The waterproof membrane and nubuck leather shaft provides decent water resistance. The seams are watertight although the leather can get saturated after spending all day in rain or snow.
Comfort and Fit
It’s very important for hiking boots to have a snug and comfortable fit. It is one of the top performing boots when it comes to comfort. The interior and shaft are lined with thick and furry insulation extending all the way down to the foot bed. The foot bed is injection molded to give you a memory foam mattress feel. The toe box has good volume to leave a little wiggle room, the heels have a nice fit and offers good traction.
The boots have a lacing system for secure and snuggly fit. The boots have a diversity of lugs with varying shapes and sizes offering multi direction traction and are temperature sensitive. The great outsole and rigid shaft provide ultimate grip.
- Stylish and comfortable.
- Keeps the feet warm in snow.
- Versatile design.
- Good traction.
- Not super waterproof.
15. Nevados Women’s Klondike Waterproof Hiking Boot
The Nevados women’s waterproof hiking boots will make your life easy! They are versatile enough to wear for casual, everyday errands and sturdy for outdoor activities. They are warm and comfortable and keep your feet cozy in snow and on wet surfaces. They offer great traction on slippery slopes and trails, and the durable and robust construction doesn’t tire your feet out. The boots are fairly low maintenance and looks great with everyday outfits. They will support your feet and ankles against injury, blisters and keep them dry and comfortable all day long.
Durable Mixed Materials
The leather and fabric upper is water resistant and repels snow and dirt. The material is quite breathable and lets a study outflow of air to keep the feet comfortable and dry and prevent the buildup of moisture and odor. The suede leather and nylon mesh blend has a waterproof construction with tight seams. The leather looks sleek and stylish.
The high quality, thick rubber sole has lugs that provide multi directional traction on slippery and wet surfaces. They are great for walking on snow, loose rocks and boulders. The rubber role and carbon rubber cup sole also provide great cushioning and arch support. They are shock absorbent and protect the feet from high impact forces. The molded EVA and brushed nylon sock liner keeps the feet warm during winters and they provide cushioning and padding to prevent blisters or skin infections.
The shaft measures around 5 inches from the arch and provides good support to the ankles and heel. The lacing system offers a manual and snug fit, preventing dust and debris from entering inside the boots. All the materials are highly durable and low maintenance. Let the boots dry naturally when the outer surface is wet, and clean the laces separately. It’s preferable to buy half a size up for comfortable fit with wooly socks.
- Durable and sturdy construction.
- The boots keep the feet dry and comfortable.
- Trendy and fashionable design.
- Decent traction and low maintenance.
- Takes time to break into the boots.
- Heavy weight.
Last update on 2021-01-27 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API