- Glove friendly zipper pulls and buckles allow for quick and easy use
- Front panel access to main compartment dry gear and insulated hydration reservoir sleeve
- Extra-large front panel pocket with internal organization, key clip and a scratch-free goggle pocket
- Tuckaway diagonal ski or vertical snowboard attachment
- Reinforced wear points to protect pack from metal abrasion
- Dual zippered rear backpanel access to main compartment and hydration reservoir sleeve with insulated zippered harness router (fits up to a 3L reservoir sold separately)
- Extra-large front panel j-zip access to avalanche safety pocket with shovel handle and probe sleeves
- Lower reinforced ski carry loops and upper side carry straps provide secure A-frame ski carry with the ability for diagonal ski or vertical snowboard carry
- Dual articulated zippered hipbelt pockets for one hand use and scratch-free goggle pocket
- Dual-position, deployable helmet net quickly and securely stows helmets
- 50L STORAGE CAPACITY: Unigear ski boot bag features a thoughtful design, which can go a long way toward making the prospect of getting your gear to the slopes as simple and stress-free as possible. Possessing 50 liters of storage capacity, it’s big enough to store boots, helmets, goggles, clothing, valuables, and more. If you have a lot of equipment to store and transport, this bag will surely get the job done.
- INDIVIDUAL COMPARTMENT: This ski boot bag backpack will give you the ultimate protection for your gear. It measures in at 11.8 x 12.6 x 19.7 inches, and is capable of storing US men’s boots up to size 12.5. Three individual compartments and some pockets will stay your gear organized. Easily attach skis and snowboard by using external adjustable webbing. Easy to change boots in any place and keep your feet dry by flipping down back-panel door for using as a standing mat.
- WATERPROOF AND DURABLE: Strong exterior fabrics use a combination of tarpaulin and 1050D nylon, giving the ski boot bag durable and waterproof qualities that will keep it thriving for long time use. Well-padded ski boot bag backpack can protect your fragile items. The bottom of the bag is fully lined with waterproof and low temperature resistant tarpaulin, no worries about snow will soak through.
- SOFT BACK PANEL: Possessing a EVA padded mesh back panel, it can keep the boots from jabbing you in the back. The padded backpack straps with adjustable system never dig into the shoulders and it manages to stay put against your back regardless of how much you’re moving around, allowing the ski boot bag to be taken from place to place with general ease.
- 365 DAYS 100% SATISFACTION: Ski Boot Bag Backpack makes carrying a clunky, heavy pair of ski boots and other ski gear easier, protecting them during travel, even in a car. If you are not 100% satisfied with this product for any reason, please contact customer service and we will immediately help you to solve the problem.
- STRONG and DURABLE! Ultra Heavy duty, water resistant ballistic nylon with heavy duty zips and clips.
- PERFECT SIZE to hold all your gear. Zippered top storage for goggles, hats, snacks, etc. Key clip, earbud slot, phone storage. Stows easily in overhead of airplanes.
- STOW-ABLE HELMET POCKET/ EXTERNAL BOOT STORAGE - External helmet pocket stows away when your helmet is packed elsewhere. Boots stow securely on exterior of pack.
- CONTOURED / PADDED backpack straps and padded back panel to comfortably carry your load. Flat bottom stabilizes load.
- BOMBER CONSTRUCTION! Made to last by snow sports enthusiasts for snow sports enthusiasts. Perfect for snowboard gear, telemark, alpine / downhill gear.
- ADVENTURE TRAVEL READY – pack a jacket, helmet, boots, and all your must have gear in this bag for your next outdoor adventure. The Athalon "Everything" Boot Bag is loaded with features to suit your active lifestyle.
- AMAZING STORAGE – the boot bag features zippered, ventilated side pockets for boots, a center section for a jacket, helmet, or clothing, an MP3 pocket on the front with headphone port, and clips in each pocket for gloves, keys, and small accessories.
- COMFORT FEATURES – this bag include padded hidden backpack straps, four padded lumbar back pads for comfort, and versatile top and front carry handles.
- SPECIAL FEATURES – bottom drainage grommets, a waterproof PVC bottom, a bungee cord on the front to hold a jacket or clothing layers, and reflective piping for increased visibility.
- DIMENSIONS: 17" x 15" x 14" / Capacity = 3570 cu. in. (58.5 liters) / Weight = 3.8 lbs. / Fits boots up to Size 13 men’s
- Large panel loading main compartment provides accessibility to inside contents
- Dual stretch mesh side pockets provide additional storage options
- The multi-function interior sleeve can be used for either a hydration reservoir or tablet
- Mesh-covered die-cut foam back panel provides both comfort and ventilation.
- Front zippered pocket with mesh organizer and key clip
- Compact and Friendly Space: arvano's small bike backpack has multiple pockets that give you all the space you need to store your various necessities.In the main compartment located another compartment that designed for the hydration bladder.It includes a top hole(H2O exit) for passing a drinking tube through,suitable for 1.5-2 litre bladder. (WATER BLADDER NOT INCLUDED)
- Lightweight and Comfortable: 18*8.6*1.5 inches in size,1.1 lb in weight. Made of high quality,durable ripstop material & best-quality zippers. Adjustable shoulder, chest and waist straps to ensure a stable and suitable carry for perfect fit,so the pack will not bounce while cycling. It adds no heavy burden to your travel load.
- Design for Biking: The backpack has ergonomic design on the back comfort. Integrated breathable sponge mesh in the back,breathable and not muggy. Reflective strips for safe riding at night. This bag designed specifically for road bike/mtb/other outdoor activities.
- Headphone Output : On the front of this riding backpack,there is a small compartment with a zipper, which offers space for a cell phone. The output can also used for headphones.
- Must Equipment for Outdoor Sports: Snowboarding, camping, climbing, hill walking, hiking, music festival, short trips etc. Perfect gift for men,women and teens.
- TRUSTED DESIGN: 100% Guarantee. Designed in Utah by riders. Don't fall victim for crappy bags with photoshopped pics by people that have never even touched snow. We use our own gear. We don't pay for reviews.
- ELEMENT EXCLUSIVE FEATURES: FULLY PADDED back panel for more comfortable carrying, keeps those boots out of your spine. DESIGNED POCKETS perfect for goggles, gloves, helmet, jacket.
- ORGANIZED: Holds 1 pair of ski or snowboard boots AND clothes, gloves, goggles, helmet, etc.
- QUALITY BUILT: Reinforced construction with double stitching, lined interior, padded bottom, padded shoulder straps, carry handles. NanoWeave Ripstop 600D PVC Coated Polyester is waterproof, super tough, and keeps your gear dry.
- Fits up to mens 14 size boots; 17 inches tall, 13 inches wide, 12 inches deep is perfect to carry all your gear.
- Three ways to access your gear - traditional top load, sling style side access and main compartment access while pack is on your back
- Incredibly comfortable and stable ride from side pockets that wrap around and HUG the body
- Easily clip a helmet or additional items to dedicated lash points
- Securely attach skis with diagonal carry or a snowboard with vertical carry
- Fit a variety of ski and board widths with adjustable carry loop that also stows to prevent snagging
- GEARED UP TO SHRED - Easily store everything you'll need for an epic day on the mountain. Give your gloves, goggles, helmet, and especially your boots a place to call home with the Wildhorn Brimhall Ski Boot Bag. Fully packed the bag measures 14 in x 13 x 19.
- PERFORMANCE MATERIALS: Our premium ski travel bag offers performance materials, durable zippers and hardware. Made of 420d nylon water-resistant outer shell & base the Brimhall can handle a snow day. Our inner liner is made of water-resistant 210d poly to keep it dry when storing your snow gear after a long day in powder. We also added padding the back of the bag to offer extra comfort when carrying as a ski boot backpack.
- 3 CARRY OPTIONS: Backpack Straps - Stow-away fully adjustable backpack straps with sternum strap. When not in use, simply tuck and zip them away into their own compartment. Shoulder Strap - Prefer a more traditional duffel carry style? The Brimhall features a durable removable shoulder strap with a fully adjustable, foam lined shoulder pad. Handles - Keep your boot bag strap free and utilize either of the two heavy duty luggage style easy access handles.
- SKI BOOT STORAGE: The isolated ski boot compartment features vented ports that drain water and provide airflow to get rid of any after-skiing smell. The compartment fits boots up to size 32 and features a removable boot separator to make sure they fit snug in the bag.
- POCKET ESSENTIALS - The Brimhall offers 5 internal storage pockets and 1 outside pocket for easy access travel needs. Our second compart offers a plush lined goggle pocket to prevent scratching when traveling. The 4 other pockets create divided storage for your ski helmet, socks, ski gloves and any other snow gear or ski apparel.
- The Best Ski Backpack Materials
- Features and Specifications of The Best Ski Backpacks
- TOP 15 BEST SKI BACKPACKS IN 2019
- 1. Dakine Mission Backpack
- 2. The North Face Recon Backpack
- 3. CamelBak 2016 Phantom Ski Pack
- 4. Osprey Packs Daylite Plus Daypack
- 5. CamelBak SnoBlast Ski Hydration Pack
- 6. Osprey Talon 11 Backpack
- 7. The North Face Borealis Backpack
- 8. Osprey Kamber 32 Ski Pack
- 9. Dakine Heli Pro Backpack
- 10. Ski-Doo Tunnel Backpack with LinQ Strap
- 11. Burton Kilo Backpack
- 12. Black Diamond Bullet 16 Backpack
- 13. Sunhiker M0714 Daypack
- 14. High Sierra Loop Backpack
- 15. Outlander Ultra Lightweight Backpack
The Best Ski Backpack Materials
There are several fabrics that are primarily used to make a backpack. Below you will find the core information about each fabric and the pros and cons of the backpacks made using that fabric.
This fabric used to be the most frequently used fabric to make backpacks. It used to be coated with wax in order to add a waterproof property to the bag. However, cotton canvas has gone out of style due to being heavy and prone to wear and tear. Nowadays, backpack manufacturers have switched mainly to nylon and polyester, as well as several other non-cotton fabrics. You can still find cotton canvas bags today, but chances are they are blended with synthetic materials and are not waterproof.
Nowadays, nylon is the go-to material for backpacks. Nylon is a type of synthetic fabrics. It is a polymer that can be molded into various shapes and fibers through melt-processing, just like plastic. The good side of nylon is that it has a much better waterproof trait compared to cotton. The downside is it has a tendency to tear when punctured, but this issue can be resolved by clever weaves and sewing patterns. Adventure backpacks used for hiking and camping can commonly be found in the range of 450–600D nylon. There are two types of nylon that will be reviewed below: ripstop nylon and ballistic nylon. For camping and hiking backpacks, ripstop nylon is one of the most commonly used material. It has a grid of thicker threads sewn directly into the nylon at close intervals. It enhances the waterproof quality of the fabric and at the same time, tackling the issue of ripping or unraveling when punctured. This material is also used in sails, parachutes, and hot air balloons. Meanwhile, ballistic nylon is a thick, durable nylon that was originally designed by DuPont for military apparel during World War II. Technically, ballistic nylon is woven nylon made in a 2×2 or 2×3 basketweave of varying denier, typically 840D to 1680D . This is a very heavy nylon.
Aside from nylon, another most commonly used fabric for backpacks is polyester. The obvious advantage from using polyester is that it is cheap and holds colors well. That is why many backpack manufacturers really favor this type of material. The downside is probably the durability, as polyester backpacks are not as durable as their nylon or canvas counterparts. Adventure backpacks used for hiking and camping usually starts from 600D polyester.
Abbreviated as PP, polypropylene is a thermoplastic polymer. It is a widely used plastic that makes up various equipment from ropes to carpet and even backpacks. Polypropylene doesn’t absorb water and dries quickly, which is one of its star qualities. It is also a good insulator, which means it doesn’t transfer heat effectively. However, PP is less UV resistant than other fabrics. Under repeated or sustained exposure to the sun, PP will start to break down and the color will fade, which may make it undesirable to users.
Read our complete guide about the best wheeled backpacks.
Features and Specifications of The Best Ski Backpacks
There are a few things you need to consider when buying a ski backpack. The main features of which are:
The very first thing you need to do before even going to the store to pick out a backpack is figuring out the size you want or need. How can you determine the perfect size to buy? Generally, the length of your trip and the amount of gear you will carry will determine the size of your backpack. Your height and built might affect this, as well. Backpack volume is commonly measured in liters (L). The smallest size is usually 10 to 20 L, and this is appropriate for a day trip where you don’t spend the night out. A 20 to 35 L volume is best for longer day tours with more varying weather conditions. If you’re going on an overnight trip, a 35 to 55 L volume is probably a good starting point. Last but not least is the 60 to 70 L volume, which is reserved to long trips that require you to set up a tent, cook, etc.
A ski backpack is usually equipped with a carrying system. It allows you to hike while leaving your hands free to do other things. When you are carrying skis in a backpack, the two main carry system are diagonal or A-frame. The diagonal system means you place the skis together vertically or at an angle on the back of the pack, while the A-frame means the skis are strapped at the sides of the pack, separately or connected at the tips by a strap. The A-frame system offers more balance but your gears may snag on trees or bushes and other areas where clearances are tight. The vertical carry system is unsuitable for steep descents as the ski tails may sometimes hinder your movements.
The best ski backpacks will be equipped with airbags. It is built to keep avalanche victims at or near the snow’s surface, which will greatly increase your chance of survival in an avalanche. It is because the surface of an avalanche moves much slower and has fewer debris so you won’t travel too far and are likely to sustain less trauma. Being near to the surface also increases your chances of having enough air supply and being located quickly.
Read our latest guide about the best canvas backpacks for men.
There are several other features that you might want in a ski backpack, and this depends largely on your individual needs. Some backpacks may give you the option of carrying a hydration bladder. This is a great feature to have if you’re doing a multi-day tour, because then you won’t have to stop and open your backpack to find the water bottle. You can simply sip and be hydrated from the drinking hose. You should check if there is a separate compartment to protect the bladder and an exit port for the drinking hose. If you’re planning to buy a larger volume backpack, it may be advantageous to look for a backpack with a back or side access zippers. This way, you won’t have to dig all the way to the bottom for the item you need. Having the ability to access the contents of your backpack without unloading all of it can be a huge time and energy saver. Other special features include an ice axe carry, daisy chain gear loops, extra easy-access pockets for climbing or avalanche tools, helmet attachment, and compression straps.
1. Dakine Mission Backpack
Dakine is a US company that has been operating for nearly 40 years. Founded in Hawaii and located at the base of Mt. Hood in Hood River, Oregon, this company manufactures backpacks, travel bags, accessories, outerwear and clothing for people who love to surf, snowboard, skateboard, mountain bike, ski, windsurf, kite board and travel. The Mission backpack is one of the most popular items. It is a highly organized pack that is fully equipped for mountain missions or navigating the daily grind.
Dakine’s Mission backpack is available to choose from 10 colors and motives. It includes: Field Camo, Dark Navy, Stencil Palm, Resin Stripe, Plum Shadow, Squall, Tamarindo, Scout, Rincon, and Black. There is only one size to this backpack, which is 1530 cubic inches or 25 L. This will be the perfect backpack to take with you on a day tour. The complete measurement of the backpack is 20 inches by 14 inches by 9 inches. Though there is only one size, this backpack comes in a variety of different materials. For the Field Camo color, you can choose from 530D Poly Blend Canvas and 600D Polyester Ripstop. For Black, Dark Navy, Stencil Palm, Resin Stripe, and other colors and motives, the backpack is made of 600D polyester.
The Mission backpack features a padded laptop sleeve that will fit most 15” laptops. It also has another fleece lined iPad sleeve and sunglass or goggle pocket. There are vertical board carry straps to carry your skis or snowboards. The shoulder strap features an ergonomic design and is made with breathable air mesh. There are organizer pockets inside the main compartment and extra pockets at the side, which are dual zippered pockets. There is a stowable waist belt and an adjustable sternum strap feature available on the bag. To clean the Mission bag, Dakine recommends a hand wash with mild soap and cold water. If necessary, use a soft bristle brush. If the dirt is too severe for a hand washing, use a front loader washing machine after placing the backpack inside a pillowcase or mesh bag. Run on gentle cycle and hang to dry at a warm but shady place. This product is supported by a Limited Lifetime Warranty.
- 25L volume
- 600D polyester, 530D Poly Blend Canvas material
- 10 colors and motives
- Fit most 15” laptops
- Padded iPad sleeve
- Features vertical board carry straps
- Includes shoulder, waist, sternum straps
- Extra side pockets
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
- Fragile at the seams
2. The North Face Recon Backpack
If you are a fan of sports and sports gears, the brand The North Face must not be alien to you. This company was established in 1966 and ever since then, their mission to provide the best gear for athletes and modern day explorer has not changed. This company also supports the preservation of the outdoors and inspire a global movement of exploration. The Recon backpack is one of the products out of The North Face’s long line of backpacks. This model will accompany you getting from point A to B with its ultra-durable, 30-liter body that’s had a sharp redesign to feature enhanced compartments and pockets, and improved suspension and materials for all-day comfort. This is the perfect bag for commuters as it allows you to carry a helmet in the stretch-front stash pocket for hands-free convenience at your destination.
The North Face provides 8 color combinations for the Recon backpack, and they are: TNF black, Zinc Grey Heather / TNF Black, TNF Medium Grey Heather / Marker Blue, TNF Black Camo / Vintage White, Rage Red Ripstop / Asphalt Grey, Flag Blue Light Heather / TNF White, Asphalt Grey / Sulphur Spring Green, and Peyote Beige / Asphalt Grey. There is only one size to this daypack, and that is 30 L. The backpack weighs approximately 3 lbs and measures at 19.25 inches by 13 inches by 7 inches. The laptop sleeve’s measurement is 11.5 inches by 17.75 inches. The fabric used for this backpack is the 600D Polyester Toile, 500D Nylon Oxford Slub, 420D Nylon, 210D Cordura Nylon Ripstop, and Polyester Jacquard Camo. This product is fully warranted by a Lifetime Guarantee against defects in materials and workmanship.
The Recon backpack is designed with a large main compartment for books and binders. The main compartment also holds a padded fleece-lined 15″ laptop sleeve to protect your laptop from bumps and falls. The front compartment has an internal organization feature with an extra padded tablet sleeve and additional secure zip pockets. There is another extendable stash pocket at the front, equipped with daisy chains for added lash points. Other pockets include an external fleece-lined pocket that can be used for sunglasses, phone or keys, as well as two extended mesh water bottle pockets that can easily double as multi-use pockets with quick-draw cell-phone access on one side. The bag features a comfortable padded top handle, a sternum strap with whistle buckle, and a removable waist belt. The North Face engineered this backpack using the updated FlexVent suspension system. It features a flexible yoke built from custom injection-molded shoulder straps, which makes for an unbelievably comfortable padded mesh back panel and a highly breathable lumbar panel for maximum breathability all day long. For safety, this backpack is equipped with a reflective bike-light loop, as well as water bottle tabs and shoulder-strap webbing that create 360 degrees of reflectivity.
- 30L volume
- 600D Polyester, 500D Nylon Oxford
- 8 color choices
- 15” laptop sleeve
- Extra padded tablet sleeve
- Features FlexVent Suspension System
- Integrated reflective properties
- Lifetime guarantee
- Access to items may be a bit difficult
3. CamelBak 2016 Phantom Ski Pack
CamelBak was established in 1989 by bicycle enthusiast Michael Eidson. He realized that water is vital to surviving bicycle races as there are only few places to refill a water bottle. Eidson decided to fill an IV bag with water and slip it into a white tube sock, and right then, hands free hydration is born. The 2016 Phantom Ski Pack is one of the best selling ski backpacks from CamelBak. Review the specs and design in detail below.
CamelBak 2016 Phantom Ski Pack is available in one size. It has a 20L capacity, which is divided to 17L gear capacity and 3L liquid capacity. It is available in the color Charcoal. This ski backpack is made of polyurethane coated 600D polyester and 210D nylon. The bag weighs about 2.5 lbs and measures at 21 inches by 11.5 inches by 6 inches. This bag is perfect for those with torso measurement of 16.5 inches to 20.5 inches and waist/hips measurement of 30 inches to 52 inches. This product is backed by CamelBak Got Your Bak Lifetime Guarantee.
The design of this backpack is intended for both male and female. The 2016 Phantom Ski Pack has one main compartment and two exterior pockets. The main compartment has a dedicated space for avalanche gear. This backpack is equipped with a hipbelt, bite valve shut off switch, a quick disconnect tubing, and a wide mouth opening. The contents of this bag can be accessed from the top only. This backpack is specially engineered so you can comfortably carry skis or ski board with you. It features an A-frame and diagonal ski carry, vertical and horizontal snowboard carry. It is also designed to carry helmet, shovel, probe, skins, snowshoes, goggles, multi-tool, extra layer, lunch, phone, wallet, keys, and other snow gears. This backpack also has wet/dry compartment so you can keep your equipment clean. CamelBak equipped the Phantom backpack with a Therminator Harness, which allows you to zip your drinking tube into an insulated sleeve on the shoulder strap to protect your water supply from the elements. This fully insulated hydration system also features a quick-disconnect delivery tube.
- 20L volume
- 3L liquid capacity
- 600D polyester, 210D nylon
- Unisex design
- Features wet/dry compartment
- External straps for multiple carrying options
- Lifetime Guarantee
- Top access only
- Need to unclip two straps to get to the reservoir
4. Osprey Packs Daylite Plus Daypack
When you’re looking for outdoor sports gear, Osprey is a brand that you undoubtedly will encounter. This brand grew from one person’s desire to use and make more comfortable, longer lasting and functionally sound packs. This brand was founded over 40 years ago by Mike Pfotenhauer, and they’ve stayed true to their ethos as they’ve grown as a company and a brand. This backpack is a part of Osprey’s wildly popular Daylite Series. It is lightweight, simple, durable, and comfortable to carry, not to mention affordable. The Daylite and Daylite Plus products are originally intended as add-on packs to Osprey’s larger packs, but they’ve managed to shine on their own with incredible versatility.
Osprey’s Daylite Plus Daypack has a robust color palette with 8 color choices: Black, Stone Grey, Real Red, Eggplant Purple, Sagebrush Blue, Tahoe Blue, Dark Blue Orange, Primrose Yellow. This backpack comes in one size of 20L volume. It weighs merely 1 lbs with a measurement of 18 inches height, 10 inches width, and 9 inches length. The main fabric used to manufacture this bag is 210D Nylon Double Diamond Ripstop. The accent and bottom fabric is 400HD Nylon Packcloth. This product is backed by a Lifetime Guarantee from Osprey.
This bag has a large main compartment with side mesh pockets. On the front, there is one fabric shove-it pocket, another pocket with mesh organizer and key clip, and a vertical zippered front panel slash pocket. The back panel is also covered with mesh along with slotted foam frame sheet and center stiffener, allowing dynamic body movement while spreading load across the entire back panel. The mesh also provides comfort and ventilation for users. The interior sleeve has multiple function for hydration or tablet. The spacer mesh shoulder straps or harness has an integrated handle. It uses a die-cut EVA foam padding for comfort. It is adjustable and equipped with whistle. This product also features a removable 20mm webbing pack stabilizing hipbelt.
- 20L volume
- 210D Nylon Ripstop, 400HD Nylon Packcloth
- 8 color choices
- Features one large main compartment with many pockets
- Good ventilation
- Features stabilizing hipbelt
- Lifetime Guarantee
- No water bottle holder
5. CamelBak SnoBlast Ski Hydration Pack
CamelBak presents another ski backpack to its consumers: the SnoBlast Ski Hydration Pack. This brand understand that fumbling through a pack looking for something that fell to the bottom while wearing gloves is a waste of time and probably the last thing you want to do. That’s where the SnoBlast Ski Hydration Pack comes in. Its tri-zip design gives you an option of opening the top of the pack or unzipping it down both sides to instantly access all of your gear. Moreover, you can get an extra 6 liters of storage for additional gear only by unzipping the side panels.
CamelBak SnoBlast Ski Hydration Pack comes in 5 colors: Burnt Olive / Laser Orange, Slate Grey, Black, Turkish Tile, and Chili Pepper. It is a ski backpack with a gear capacity of 21L and hydration capacity of 2L. The hydration type used is the CRUX Reservoir with Quicklink System. The pack weighs merely 1.5 lb and the measurement is 21 inches by 10 inches by 6.5 inches. It fits people with torso measurement of 17 to 21 inch. The fabric used is BPA free 420D polyester Oxford / Dobby. The back panel is molded with moisture-wicking DWR finish for snow shed capability.
This backpack features CamelBak’s brand new Crux Reservoir which delivers 20% more water per sip, with an ergonomic handle for easier refilling, and an on/off lever that makes it easy to prevent leaks. As previously mentioned, the back panel is capable to repel snow and keep it from sticking to the pack. This ski backpack is also equipped with Therminator harness, a closed cell foam insulation that shelters tube and reservoir against extreme temperatures. The three zipper design is very versatile as it lets you to unzip the side of the pack for quick access to gear stored at the bottom. There is also an expansion panel that can be deployed simply by unzipping the side panels. This backpack is also equipped with cargo compression that cinches your cargo where it counts for a secure and comfortable carry. Adjustable sternum strap and removable waist stability belt included.
- 21L gear volume
- 2L liquid capacity
- 420D BPA free polyester
- Tri-zip design
- Snow Shed capability
- Features Therminator harness
- Integrated expansion panel
- Includes sternum strap and stability belt
- Lifetime Guarantee
- Made of thinner material compared to other CamelBak backpacks
6. Osprey Talon 11 Backpack
The Talon series is another backpack product from Osprey. The Talon 11 is the perfect backpack if you’re going for a simple and light design that can move fast in the woods, mountains, and around town. This backpack has the maximum capacity of 11L, perfect for day hikes, urban commutes or a quick trip to the market. It is ventilated, comfortable, and stable thanks to the the BioStretch harness and continuous wrap hipbelt. These two create an incredibly stable carry system that hugs your body so you can stay balanced on the trail, ridge, or your bike. The AirScape backpanel on this backpack has been updated to use less material and glue, making it more breathable to keep you cool on hot days. The Stow-on-the-Go trekking pole carry system helps to keep your hands free for upward movement, very handy for going uphills. The LidLock helmet carry is another convenience you will get from this backpack, as well as zippered hipbelts, side stretch mesh pockets, a harness pocket and backpanel bungee which provide all the organization you need.
Osprey Talon 11 Backpack is available in four colors: Ultramarine Blue, Black, Spring Green, and Martian Red. There are two sizes to choose from, small / medium and medium / large. The small / medium size has 9L volume and a measurement of 17 inches height, 9.8 inches width, and 9.8 inches length. The bag weighs 1.3 lbs. Meanwhile, the medium / large size can fit up to 11L of volume. The dimension is 19 inches height, 9.8 inches width and length. The bag weighs 1.4 lbs. Both these sizes have the load range of 10 to 20 lbs. The main fabric used to construct Talon 11 is 70D x 100D Nylon Mini Shadow Brick, while both the accent and bottom fabric is made of 420HD Nylon Packcloth.
The Talon 11 is built for speed with its lightweight design. It’s suitable to be made your partner for multi-sport activities. The main highlight of this backpack is its continuous lumbar-to-hipbelt wrap that features no seams. The main compartment can be accessed through the dual-zippered panel at the top. There are a couple of side stretch mesh pockets and an external hydration sleeve. Other pockets include a stretch mesh harness slash pocket, two zippered hipbelt pockets, and a top panel zippered slash pocket. As for attachments, the Talon 11 carries the Stow-On-The-Go trekking pole attachment, Lower InsideOut compression/carry straps, and a LidLock helmet attachment. Osprey uses their Atilon framesheet to spread the load across the back panel to the frame. Both the harness and the hipbelt are die-cut slotted foam and covered with mesh.
- 9L and 11L volume options
- 70D x 100D Nylon Mini Shadow Brick
- 4 color choices
- External hydration sleeve
- Continuous lumbar-to-hipbelt
- Features a lot of pockets
- Includes pole and helmet attachment
- Lifetime Guarantee
- Short waist belt
7. The North Face Borealis Backpack
The Borealis is another famous backpack line from The North Face. With a modern refresh, this classic 28L backpack is the go-to bag for stashing your gear quickly and hitting the road. The Borealis Backpack offers updated features and an improved suspension system for all-day comfort. The main compartment features a padded, highly-protective laptop sleeve and the front compartment is equipped with a tablet sleeve to protect and organize your electronics. Finished with easy-access, stretch-mesh water bottle pockets and an external bungee cord that allows you lash on additional gear.
The North Face Borealis Backpack is offered in 9 colors. It has one size which has the volume of 28L and weighs 2 lbs 11 oz. The dimension of the bag is 19.75 inches by 13.25 inches by 9.75 inches. Inside the main compartment, there is a laptop sleeve with a measurement of 13.25 inches by 17.75 inches. The fabric used for constructing this bag is 600D Polyester Toile, 500D Nylon Oxford Slub, 420D Nylon, 210D Cordura Nylon Ripstop, and Polyester Jacquard Camo. This product is backed by a Lifetime Warranty.
This backpack features an updated design that includes easy-to-access pockets and an overhauled suspension system. The FlexVent suspension system includes a flexible yoke built from custom injection-molded shoulder straps, a padded mesh back panel, and a breathable lumbar panel. There is a padded, fleece-lined 15″ laptop sleeve in the main compartment to protect laptop from bumps and falls. The main compartment itself is large enough to store books and binders aside from the laptop. There is a front compartment with internal organization. In it, there is an extra padded tablet sleeve, a penholder, and additional secure-zip pockets. The Borealis backpack is equipped with 360-degree reflective bike-light loop for security, as well as water bottle tabs and shoulder strap webbing for convenience. The water bottle tabs can also be used as multi-use pockets. There is also an external, fleece-lined pocket for sunglasses or electronics and an updated front elastic bungee system for external storage. The waist belt is removable.
- 28L capacity
- 600D Polyester
- 9 color choices
- 15” laptop sleeve
- Features extra pockets and storage
- Includes reflective bike-light loop for security
- Lifetime Warranty
- Poor seam and strap design
8. Osprey Kamber 32 Ski Pack
The Osprey Kamber Ski Pack is especially engineered for all backcountry enthusiasts. It includes multiple options for ski and snowboard attachment, fast and easy access to critical snow safety gear, and other winter-specific features. Osprey knows that safety is the most important thing in the backcountry, so they equip this backpack with a large J-zip front pocket with multiple zippers keeps your shovel and probe ready at a moment’s notice. There is also a back access through the snow-shedding Thermoformed panel, just in case you want to grab a snack while on the move. On the outside of the pack, there are straps for a variety of ski and snowboard carrying options and an ice axe loop for technical ascents. Long story short, the Osprey Kamber 32 Ski Pack is the perfect companion for all winter adventures.
The Kamber 32 is available in 3 color choices: Galactic Black, Ripcord Red, and Cold Blue. There are two sizes: small / medium and medium / large. The small / medium one has the capacity of 30L. The bag weighs 3 lbs and measures at 20 inches height, 12 inches weight and length. On the other hand, the medium / large size has 32L volume, also weighs 3 lbs with the measurement of 22 inches height, 12 inches width and length. The Kamber 32 has a load range of 15 to 30 lbs. The fabric used to manufacture this bag is mainly 420HD Nylon Packcloth, while the accent fabric is 420D Nylon Mini Check Dobby.
This backpack is equipped with an extra large avalanche gear storage pocket with J-zip access inside the pack. It can accommodate large shovel blades, and the dual center sleeves secure extra-long probes and shovel handles. It also has a dry access main compartment to keep gears dry and warm, separate from other wet gears. The Kamber 32 also features a dual-position, deployable helmet net, an A-frame Ski Carry, and a tuck-away ice tool loops. No need to worry with all these attachments as all contact points are reinforced to minimize wear from metal edges. Another feature is the built-in back pocket for a hydration reservoir that routes through the insulated shoulder harness to prevent freezing. Other winter-specific features include a scratch-free goggle pocket and glove friendly buckles and zippers. The Kamber 32 is equipped with adjustable sternum strap with whistle and fixed EVA hip belt, a single 25mm webbing closure with padded wings.
- 30L, 32L capacity
- 420HD Nylon Packcloth
- 3 color choices
- Extra large avalanche gear storage
- Features helmet net and A-frame Ski Carry
- Thermoformed panel
- Lifetime Guarantee
- The zipper on shoulder strap isn’t wide enough for hydration nozzle
9. Dakine Heli Pro Backpack
Founded in 1979 in Hawaii, Dakine is an American outdoor gears company that specializes in sports equipment for alternative sports. Based in Hood River, Oregon, their products are manufactured overseas. Dakine also sponsors athletes from various sporting fields such as skiing, biking, windsurfing, snowboarding, and others. The Heli Pro Backpack was built with the dedicated sportsman in mind. It has room for a full day’s worth of riding along with a BC gear pocket and ski/snowboard carry. Dakine’s Heli Pro legacy continues in this re-design of the legendary pack.
Dakine Heli Pro Backpack is offered in 8 color choices: Black, Balsam, Field Camo, Ginger, Mineral Yellow, Resin Stripe, Rincon, and Scout. It has a capacity of 20L and the bag itself weighs merely 800 grams. The dimension is 21 inches by 12 inches by 8 inches. The Heli Pro Backpack is made from 600D polyester material. Dakine supports this product with a Limited Lifetime Warranty.
Aside from the main compartment, the true highlight of this backpack is its pockets. The pockets include a snow tool or shovel pocket, an organized front pocket, a fleece lined goggle pocket, a hydration pocket, and a laptop sleeve that fits most 15” laptops. The Heli Pro Backpack is also equipped with a vertical snowboard carry, a diagonal and A-frame ski carry, a 25mm web belt with hip wings, and a rescue whistle on the sternum strap. You can also attach a DK impact spine protector onto this backpack, which is sold separately.
- 20L capacity
- 600D polyester material
- 8 color choices
- 15” laptop sleeve
- Vertical snowboard carry
- Diagonal, A-frame ski carry
- Features tons of pockets
- Compatible with DK impact spine protector
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
- Avalanche gear pocket is too small
10. Ski-Doo Tunnel Backpack with LinQ Strap
Ski-Doo is a company that was founded in 1942 by J.A. Bombardier. The company is known for its quality and creativity. Ski-Doo primarily markets their products for consumers in the Americas, Europe, and Asia Pacific. They produce various snowmobiles and other winter gears. Ski-Doo only has one compelling mission: to deliver to consumers the most extraordinary recreational experience.
The Tunnel Backpack is offered in two colors, black and orange. The capacity is 28L or around 7.4 US gallons or 1709 cu in. The measurement is 17 inches by 8 inches by 8 inches, and the bag weighs 3 lbs.
Ski-Doo’s Tunnel Backpack utilizes LinQ Cargo Base Kit and soft strap for mounting. The soft strap is 137″ and longer with 1-up seat. There is a quick disconnect system that can instantly transform the bag into a backpack. The backpack itself includes a compartment that may fit the Ski-Doo Shovel and 2.8 m Avalanche Probe, which are not included and can be purchased separately. To mount the bag on the tunnel, you will need 2 LinQ Cargo Base Kit which is not included in the purchase.
- 28L capacity
- 2 colors available
- Suitable for mounting activities
- Features Quick Disconnect System
- Large main compartment
- Needs other base kit which is not included in purchase
11. Burton Kilo Backpack
Burton Snowboards was founded by Jake Burton Carpenter in 1977 out of his Vermont barn. This brand served a pivotal role in growing snowboarding from a backyard hobby to a world-class sport by creating groundbreaking products, supporting the world’s best riders, and pushing more resorts to allow snowboarding. Burton’s Kilo Backpack is suitable for school, work, or travel. It has a large main compartment and two secure straps on the front to carry your jacket or skateboard.
The Kilo Backpack is available in 8 color choices: Slate Slub, Eclipse Crinkle, Tandori Ripstop, Splinter Camo, Rancher Stripe Print, Mandana Print, Tropical Print, and Mossglen Print. It has a 27L capacity and weighs 1.8 lbs. The dimension is 17.5 inches by 11.5 inches by 6 inches. This backpack has a padded laptop compartment with a dimension of 16.5 inches by 10.5 inches by 1 inch and a fleece lined tablet sleeve the size of 9.5 inches by 10 inches. The material used for the backpack varies depending on the color. For example, the black color is made from 600D Polyester, the Eclipse Crinkle is made from 150D x 300D Polyester, and the Tandori Ripstop is made from 320D x 300D Polyester Ripstop with PU Backing. This product is backed by a Lifetime Warranty.
Burtone equips this backpack with cush ergonomic shoulder harness and an adjustable sternum strap. There is also a padded laptop compartment and a fleece lined tablet sleeve to keep your laptop and tablet safe, secure, and easily accessible. The Kilo Backpack features a skate carry front webbing and a large main compartment with internal organization. Other pockets include multiple external accessory pockets, an internal slip pocket, and an internal mesh pocket with key clip.
- 27L capacity
- 600D Polyester
- 8 color choices
- Features padded laptop compartment and fleece lined tablet sleeve
- Lifetime Warranty
- Thin material, easy to tear
12. Black Diamond Bullet 16 Backpack
Black Diamond’s innovative gear designs have set the standard in the industry since 1957, thanks to their dedication, desire and diligence. Each and everyone behind the Black Diamond brand are also climbers and skiers. The Bullet 16 Backpack is the quintessential on-route pack. It is tough enough to be hauled through chimneys and streamlined enough to not interfere with the crux lead. Versatility in a sleek, trim pack, the Black Diamond Bullet 16 panel-loader is an excellent rig for off-trail or high-mileage scrambles. An external zip pocket and internal mesh pocket keep things secure, and removable foam backpanel, tuck-away shoulder straps and easy-to-remove 20 mm webbing hipbelt make parsed-down travel a cinch.
The Bullet 16 is available in 3 color choices: Adriatic, Nickel, and Black. This backpack has one size only, which has a capacity of 16L or 976 cubic inch. The bag weighs 1 lb and measures at 18 inches by 11 inches by 3 inches. The materials used to construct this bag is 420D Nylon and 1260D Ballistic Nylon.
This backpack features many pockets, including an external zippered pocket and an internal mesh zippered pocket. It has an easy-to-remove 20 mm webbing hip belt, a hydration hose port, and a removable foam back panel. Shoulder straps are available and can be tucked away when not being used.
- 16L capacity
- 420D Nylon material
- 3 color choices
- 20 mm webbing hip belt
- Features many pockets
- Removable foam back panel
- No exterior water bottle holder
13. Sunhiker M0714 Daypack
As its name suggest, Sunhiker M0714 Daypack is a backpack that is suitable for all hiking, camping, climbing, skiing, traveling, and all outdoor activities.
Sunhiker produces the M0714 Daypack with 9 color choices: black, blue, dark blue, green, hot pink, navy green, orange, purple, and red. The bag is made of a water resistant, highly tear resistant nylon material with reflective stripes. The daypack is a small backpack that weighs 12.3 oz and measures at 15.7 inches by 9.1 inches by 5.9 inches.
This lightweight daypack is designed with breathable mesh shoulder straps which length can be adjusted. It also features bottle holders on both sides of the pack. To clean, do not wash with liquid detergent or bleach. Clean with wet cloth on the necessary parts and dry naturally.
- 9 color choices
- Small capacity pack
- Highly tear resistant, water resistant nylon
- Suitable for any outdoor activities
- Features water bottle holders
- Breathable mesh strap material
- No separate pouch for cell phones
- Front zipper pouch too small for multi-purpose use
14. High Sierra Loop Backpack
Since 1978, High Sierra has been designing feature-rich, versatile adventure lifestyle gear for adventurers everywhere. They are committed to creating durable, affordable product with distinctive details, delivering the freedom to go anywhere-near or far, on roads or trails, on mountain ridges or snowy slopes, no matter what form your adventure takes. The versatile High Sierra Loop backpack is perfect for a day on the trail or the daily grind.
High Sierra Loop Backpack is available in 18 color choices, among which are Aquamarine, Black, Charcoal, Navy, Lime, Midnight Blue, Tropic Leopard, Paradise Pink, and many more. It has a 33L capacity and the bag itself weighs 2.04 lbs. The body measurement is 19 inches by 13.5 inches by 8.5 inches. The material of the pack is a waffle weave 500 x 500 D waffle Ripstop Duralite fabric. This material is added with a water-resistant coating to help keep your gears dry.
(pockets, care instructions) This backpack has a large multi-compartment design with dedicated Tech Spot tablet sleeve. It features a Yoke-style, S-shaped mesh padded shoulder straps with Suspension System. The shoulder strap can be adjusted to fit your height and are easy to remove when not needed. A swivel clip at the end of the strap helps preventing twisting. Aside from the shoulder strap, there are also adjustable side compression straps to provide extra security and ability to adjust the size of the pack, and bottom compression straps that can be used to attach extra gear.
- 33L capacity
- 500 x 500 D Ripstop
- 18 color choices
- Adjustable shoulder strap
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
- Frail seams and zippers
15. Outlander Ultra Lightweight Backpack
Are you looking for an ultra-light, ultra-durable, ultra-awesome ski backpack? Outlander provides the answer with the Ultra Lightweight Backpack. This stylish, packable pack is designed for super-minimalists who make every gram count. It is perfect for day-to-day use or occasional travel.
There are 16 color choices available for Outlander’s Ultra Lightweight Backpack, including Black, Blue, Green, Orange, Pink, Red, Grey, and Purple. It has two sizes, 20L and 33L. The 20L pack has a 16.92 inches by 10.63 inches by 7.08 inches dimension when unfolded and 6.29 inches by 5.9 inches by 1.97 inches when folded. Meanwhile, the 33L version has a 19 inches by 13 inches by 8.2 inches when unfolded and 6.29 inches by 5.9 inches by 2 inches when folded. The pack weighs merely 0.46 lb and 0.5 lb respectively. The backpack is made from highly rip and water-resistant nylon fabric which provides strength and long-lasting performance with minimal weight. Stress points are reinforced with bar tacking for increased longevity. The zippers used across the backpack are the durable 2-way Abrasion Resistant SBS Metal Zippers.
The highlight of this backpack is its compactness. This pack can be folded into zippered inner pocket to fit anywhere and can be unfolded from pocket to backpack. It features multiple compartments for storage and organization inside a classic shape. In detail, this backpack has a roomy main compartment, two front zipper pockets to hold small accessories, one internal zippered security pocket for valuable items and two side pockets for water bottles or umbrellas. Outlander also includes a carabiner clip for you to attach things or clip the pack to things.
- 20L and 33L capacity
- 2-way Abrasion Resistant SBS Metal Zippers
- Rip and water-resistant nylon fabric
- Compact, foldable
- Features a carabiner clip to attach gears
- Flimsy material
Last update on 2021-01-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API