- 18.5 hp Briggs and Stratton Intek engine offers powerful performance
- Foot pedal-operated hydrostatic transmission allows you to change speed and direction, which lets you keep both hands on the steering wheel for optimum driving control
- Tight 16 in. turning radius allows you to mow in tighter spaces and navigate around obstacles Adjustable 13 in. mid-back seat, ergonomic steering wheel and easy step-through design provide comfort and easy operation
- 42 in. reinforced cutting deck with air induction mowing technology and dual anti-scalp wheels
- Reverse operating system allows the operator to mow in reverse with a simple turn of a switch
- 26 HP Kohler engine provides reliable startups and a max speed of 6.5 MPH
- A patent-pending park brake system automatically activates or deactivates as the steering levers are moved outward or inward
- Air induction mowing technology draws air from the top and bottom of the deck, improving grass and delivering a superior cut
- Reinforced steel stamped cutting deck is made of heavy flat-stock steel for maximum durability
- Clippings can be discharged, mulched or bagged (mulching kit and bagger attachment sold separately)
- POWERFUL CRAFTSMAN GAS ENGINE WITH AUTOCHOKE Powerful 679cc twin engine suitable for larger yard jobs while its autochoke feature provides a quick, efficient start. Get to mowing in no time
- 46-INCH CUTTING WIDTH WITH INCLUDED DECK WASH: Riding lawn mower comes equipped with wide 46-Inch deck for cutting, trimming, and clipping grass in one quick sweep. Included deck wash saves time when underside cleaning
- MOW-IN-REVERSE: Mower can continue to cut when in reverse; no need to pause your yard work
- 360 DEGREE TURNING RADIUS: Change direction in an instant for more efficiency
- SUPPORTIVE HIGH-BACK SEAT: High-back cushioned seat provides optimum comfort
- FULLY AUTOMATED: The Landroid M cuts lawns up to ¼ acre all by itself. Just set the charging base, lay down the boundary wire, measure your lawn with the app, and let it mow
- WI-FI & APP CONTROLLED: There are many things you can do from the Landroid app: measure your lawn, check mowing progress, keep software up to date, update your mowing schedule and more
- DO IT ALL WITH THE SAME BATTERY: Worx Power Share is compatible with all Worx 20v and 40v tools, outdoor power and lifestyle products
- NAVIGATES NARROW PATHS: Patented AIA technology allows Landroid to navigate narrow passageways too difficult for ordinary robotic mowers
- CUSTOMIZED MOWING SCHDULES: Have Landroid mow every day, every other day, it can even recommend an auto schedule based on your yard’s size and conditions
- GRASS CATCHER COMPATIBILITY: Fits most Troy-Bilt and Cub Cadet, Yard Machines, Bolens, Huskee and Craftsman riding mowers with a 42- or 46-inch Cutting Deck (2010 and after)
- EFFICIENT: Flex tubing for visual of grass flow to prevent clogging and increase shipping efficiencies. Sight window also lets you know when the bags are full
- INTEGRATED HOOD: Top hinged hood allows for easier removal of bags. You do not have to flip the seat up when emptying
- ENCOURAGE LAWN GROWTH: Bagging helps to foster lawn growth by preventing thatch from building up. Increase the curb appeal of your lawn
- LOTS OF CAPACITY: With a 6.5 bushel capacity, this bagger will leave no grass clumps behind and save you plenty of time
- Decks up to 54"
- Heavy duty coated fabric
- Includes storage bag
- Made in United States
- 4-blade reel with a cutting width of 14” and durable 8.5” polymer wheels for maximum maneuverability
- Mechanical lawn mower with an adjustable blade height of 0.5”-1.75” with scissor action cut
- Manual grass cutter blades made of heat-treated alloy steel that stays sharp for years
- Environment-friendly alternative to gas-powered lawn mowers which is pollution-free and noise-free; Low maintenance, lightweight and easy to use
- Capable of cutting grass up to 4 inches tall
- 500 LB CAPACITY - T-5305 Lawn Mower Lift is built with the welded solid steel construction with the four steel wheels and the positive dual locking safety latches.
- Over 26-INCH Lifting Height - It provides the maximum space to perform necessary maintenance, such as Blade Works, Cleaning Debris, Oil Change, and more.
- 19-1/4 to 42-1/2 INCHES WHEEL SPAN - With the adjustable wheel span, it fits on most zero turn garden tractors, riding mowers, ATVs, and even push mowers.
- EASY TO LIFT & LOWER - Position mower tires securely on wheel baskets and centering the load on lift. To lower lift, raise Lift Platform slightly to disengage Height Locking Levers then use the release knob to carefully turn release valve counterclockwise, lowering the load slowly.
- WARRANTY - Pro Lift Plastic Creeper is covered 90 Days limited warranty from the date of purchase. Due to a defect in material or workmanship under normal usage, we will repair or replace at its option.
- Expertly Designed.
- True to Life Detail.
- Made from Quality Parts.
- Ships from USA.
- Brand New Item.
- 【Sturdy Frame Provides 500-lb Carrying Capacity】Made of welded and heavy-duty solid steel, the lawn mower lift can support 500 lbs, so you don't need to worry about the situation that the mower is too heavy to repair. Besides, it is hard to rust due to its painted surface.
- 【Easy Operation with Adjustable Lifting Height】The hydraulic device allows you to lift the mower up to 24 inches in height without any effort. Besides, the lifting height can be adjusted with 3 heights according to different needs.
- 【Multiple Safety Design】Two cradles of the lift help you secure the tires easily to prevent the mower from skidding on the way up. In addition, braking puller on both sides can well fix the lift and prevent the machine from collapsing suddenly during maintenance, thus ensuring safety.
- 【Adjustable Track Width & Wide Application】The range of adjustable track of our lawn mower lift: inner wheel: 18.5"-26", outer wheel: 40"-47.5". And this device makes it suitable for most mowers of different sizes, such as garden tractor, cycling mower, ATV and even push mower.
- 【Compact Volume & Foldable Design】With compact size and two wheels, the lift is easy to move to the place you want. Besides, when you are finished using it, it can be folded up to reduce the occupied space and facilitate storage. And all the parts are easy to assemble together.
A riding lawn mower, also known as a ride-on lawn mower, is a machine that helps you to cut your lawn. It has a seat, making it different from your average push or tow mower.
When you mow your lawn with a riding lawn mower, you should also wear thick shoes, eye protection, and earmuffs to protect your ears. You should also make sure you check the belts, top up the fluids, and maintain it regularly. Most mowing manufacturers recommend you sharpen the blades every 20-25 hours of use.
If now’s the right time to buy a riding lawn mower, then read on. Below, we have a full range of rear and front engine mowers with a range of features. There’s even a mower that operates entirely on its own with a battery and GPS! Many of these mowers are market leaders, so find one you like, read through the features, then wait for it to turn up at your house!
9. Snapper Rear Engine Riding Mower
If you have a medium-sized lawn that you’d prefer to tackle with a riding lawn mower, then check out this model from Snapper. Even though it’s not large enough to tackle expansive lawns, it’s an excellent option for most lifestyle block owners.
It’s affordable, lightweight, and boasts 11 HP which is sure to impress. It’s also 344cc with a rear Briggs & Stratton four-cycle OHV engine. This riding lawn mower has a whole host of features that will surely have you adding it to your shopping cart.
It’s agile to make cornering a breeze, and its sleek design will make all the neighbors envious as well. It mulches your lawns, is comfortable to sit on, and the controls are effortless to use.
There are a couple of things that may have you looking elsewhere, but they are minor in the scheme of things. The blades are shorter than the frame of the mower, which means that you might struggle to get in nice and close to a fence or wall. It also has an uneven weight distribution which might be problematic, according to some users.
All in all, however, this riding lawn mower from Snapper is a standout model that’s most certainly worth your inspection. Your lawn will be looking fresh and tidy in no time.
- 11.5 HP
- Rear engine
- Red color scheme
- Briggs & Stratton four-cycle OHV engine
- Vertical stand-on-edge capabilities
- Sleek design
- It mulches well
- Easy controls
- Comfortable to use
- It’s hard to cut close to walls
- Uneven weight distribution
8. Troy-Bilt Lawn Mower on Ride
There’s a lot to love about this riding lawn mower, especially if you’re all about compact design and comfort. From the adjustable steering wheel to the cushioned seat, what’s not to like? This riding lawn mower from Troy-Bilt has it all.
It boasts a powerful 382cc OHV engine with automatic choke, and this is suitable for most medium-sized lawns of standard, flat terrain. The wheels are also of a great size for navigating your lawn.
There are five adjustable settings, a six-speed transmission, and the 18-inch turning radius will surely appeal for those less-than-straight lawns. The manual power take-off will get you off at a galloping pace, and the 30-inch cutting deck will see your lawns take no time at all to cut. It will then navigate its way around your lawns at speeds of up to four miles per hour.
The striking red design, ease of maintenance, and straightforward controls are all desirable purchasing points as well. It uses a lot of fuel and the brake and clutch are a bit jerky, but they are flaws you can live with. If you have any problems, the manufacturer is one phone call away.
- 382cc OHV engine
- Automatic choke
- 4.35 MPH
- Six-speed transmission
- 30-inch cutting deck
- Five adjustable settings
- 18-inch turning radius
- 13 x 5-inch front wheels
- 16 x 6.5-inch rear wheels
- Manual power take-off
- Ideal for even terrain
- Suitable for medium lawns
- Comfortable to use
- Easy to navigate
- Straightforward controls
- Powerful engine
- Easy to maintain
- Affordable to buy
- The controls knob comes off
- Uses a lot of fuel
- The brake and clutch are jerky
7. Husqvarna Riding Lawn Mower
Even though this riding lawn mower can be a little bit tricky to assemble, once it is, you’ll be pleased you made the investment. Not only is it from the reputable brand Husqvarna, but it’s packed full of power and features that will surely make your lawn mowing experience a far more positive one.
The cutting deck is a generous 38 inches, which is the very start of the great points to mention. With a cutting deck this size, it won’t be long until you’ll have all your lawns mowed. It also boasts a hydrostatic transmission for better power delivery, and air induction mowing technology as the icing on the cake.
With 17 HP, it also has plenty of power up its sleeve, and it’s comfortable to use as well. Once you’re aboard, you’ll notice the ergonomic steering wheel and a quick flick through the controls to be roaring around your lawn in no time.
This riding lawn mower is one of the best for sale, so view without delay. It may be the answer to your lawn mowing woes.
- 38-inch cutting deck
- Hydrostatic transmission
- Air induction mowing technology
- Ergonomic steering wheel
- Add-on attachments
- 17 HP
- Reputable brand
- Comfortable to use
- A lot of power
- Comes with add-on attachments
- Comfortable steering wheel
- It boasts a lot of drive
- You have to assemble components yourself
6. Craftsman Gas Power Riding Lawn Mower
Aside from the daunting task of having to assemble this riding lawn mower yourself, you will be pleased you went with a Craftsman. It’s available in three models, boasts a 46-inch cutting deck, and has a powerful Briggs & Stratton 18 HP cutting deck. If that’s not enough to show you that Craftsman means business, then nothing will.
The ready start function is a breath of fresh air, given that it’s effortless to start this riding lawn mower and get mowing. It also has a comfortable seat, with mid-back support, and deck wash to take care of the generous cutting deck.
Before you even sit on the seat, you’ll understand there are a lot of features to check out and enjoy. Even the wheels are unique, considered ‘turf saver’ wheels that last the distance and don’t damage your lawn as much as others.
Reverse out of tight spots, mow close to fences, and enjoy the power available with an affordable price tag. This riding lawn mower is worth a closer look.
- Three models
- 46-inch cutting deck
- 18 HP
- Briggs & Stratton gas engine
- Ready start function
- Deck wash included
- CVT transmission
- Turf saver wheels
- Mid-back seat
- You can choose from different models
- Affordable to buy
- Comfortable seat
- The wheels are easy to maneuver
- Generous cutting deck
- Comes with deck wash
- You can reverse out of tight spots
- Powerful engine
- You have to assemble it yourself
5. Husqvarna Robotic Lawn Mower
If you’re not so much excited by a riding lawn mower as one that you don’t need to ride or push at all, then check out this robotic mower from Husqvarna. Different both in looks and function from a traditional riding lawn mower, it’s a standout product that’s worth a closer look.
It doesn’t run on gas like most mowers and, instead, runs on a Lithium-Ion battery. This battery takes a mere 65 minutes to charge and produces a low 57 dB of sound. Once you receive the manufacturer’s code, you can bring it to life, set a GPS navigational component, then let it get to work. While it’s mowing your lawn, it looks stylish and sleek.
One of the best features of this lawn mower is that it can work with both flat and sloped terrain. It’s ideal for all manner of lawn types – as long as they are under ¾-acre in size. You can also operate it via your smartphone, making it a desirable product in many ways.
Sit in your armchair while you watch your lawns mow themselves. It doesn’t get much better or easier than that!
- ¾-acre capacity
- Lithium-Ion battery
- 65-minute charge time
- 57 dB sound level
- GPS navigation
- Steep slope-compatible
- User-friendly display
- It mows your lawn on its own
- You can set out a detailed map
- You can use it on slopes
- It adapts to your lawn’s growth rate
- You can link it to your smartphone
- The connector kit is sold separately
- You have to obtain a four-digit pin from the factory to use it
- The owner’s manual has limited information
4. Craftsman Platinum Riding Lawn Mower
Even though you may need to assemble this riding lawn mower, such as the seat to the frame, it’s an excellent market addition. It boasts a powerful 24 HP engine, a generous 54-inch cutting deck, and a full range of convenient features. Once you mow your lawn with this machine, you’ll never want to go back to a push mower again.
It comes with a deck wash, reverse function, and a high back seat. The seat has cushioning to make sure you’re as comfortable as possible while you’re mowing. The 11-inch front and 20-inch rear wheels all make sure this riding lawn mower is as functional as it can be.
The turning radius of 360 degrees is potentially one of the main highlights. How nimble and agile it is means you can get nice and close to your fences and edges for a clean cut every time. If the time has come up to upgrade your mower, this one is worth a look.
- 24 HP
- ReadyStart technology
- 54-inch cutting width
- Deck wash included
- Reverse function
- 360-degree turning radius
- High-back seat
- 11-inch front wheels
- 20-inch rear wheels
- The seat is supportive and cushioned
- Powerful engine
- It has a large cutting deck
- Non-damaging wheels
- Full turning radius
- Easy to get into small areas
- Straightforward to maintain
- There is some minor assembly necessary
3. Swisher Response ZTR Mower
This riding lawn mower from Swisher is not the most attractive mower on the market, but that doesn’t mean it’s not going to function as you wished. It won’t win awards for style, but for lawn mowing and doing the job properly, it’s full steam ahead.
It’s black and sleek to make it stand out from the crowd and boasts a powerful 24 HP Briggs & Stratton engine. This motor is one of the most reliable on the market. The cutting deck is a point of interest too, given that it’s 54 inches. At that size, it won’t be long until your lawns are cut to perfection.
You can use this riding lawn mower to cut or mulch, and do so while you remain completely comfortable. The included seat is soft, comfortable, and will make sure that lawn mowing is more of a pastime than a chore.
The rapid response control system is a highlight as well, given that you can change function and it will do as you want right away.
It’s lightning quick at eight miles per hour and will maintain a quick speed in the forward or reverse function. As a result, you can zip around your yard – even up to fences and borders – without any trouble. This agile and comfortable mower is one that will pique your curiosity. Take a look and see if it’s for you.
- Rapid response control system
- 24 HP
- Briggs & Stratton engine
- 54-inch cutting deck
- Three Gator mulching blades
- HydroGear 2800 transmission
- 8 MPH
- It’s fast at eight miles per hour
- It can mulch and cut well
- Powerful engine
- Generous-sized deck
- It’s agile and nimble
- Comfortable to use
- It’s not an attractive mower
2. Troy-Bilt Zero Turn Riding Lawn Mower
This riding lawn mower from Troy-Bilt is an excellent example of a mower that’s made for the average homeowner. It’s affordable, boasts a reasonably competitive engine at 452cc, and has EZT hydrostatic transmission. This system means you have more power and grunt than previous models, with the ability to cut through coarse and rough grass with minimal effort.
The zero-turn feature is desirable for many homeowners, but this one can be a little bit tricky. As you turn quickly, it can rip out your grass. Take care as you make use of this feature.
The side discharge coupled with the mow-in-reverse function both mean you’ll have a pleasant lawn mowing experience. You’re unlikely to get covered in grass, but you can move back and forward while still cutting.
Troy-Bilt thought of power and functionality, but it also thought of comfort. There is ample leg room, the seat is comfortable, and there are dual suspension springs as well. This riding lawn mower is one that may be the perfect addition to your garden shed.
- 452cc engine
- EZT hydrostatic transmission
- Zero-turn maneuverability
- 34-inch cutting deck
- Side discharge
- Mow-in-reverse functionality
- Dual suspension springs
- It has a lot of leg room
- You can turn quickly and in a small circle
- You can mow in reverse
- Standout design
- It has a comfortable and high seat
- Quick and grunty
- You can mow rough grass
- The zero-turn function rips grass out of your lawn
1. Cub Cadet XT1 Riding Mower
If you want a riding lawn mower that stands out from the crowd, then check out this model from Cub Cadet. Even though it has a few flaws, you might be able to forgive them when you see how many features it has.
This XT1 model boasts hydrostatic gas transmission which is a helpful addition. It means that it uses its 18 HP more to its advantage, taking care of rough grass far better than other riding lawn mowers for sale.
The front engine, 42-inch cutting deck, and vibrant color scheme are all points you may end up loving as well. The cutting deck means you can cover more area at once, while the yellow makes you look stylish as you navigate your lawns.
This affordable mower does, however, have a few things that seasoned mower professionals may not like. It can throw grass a fair distance and can be tricky to put into reverse. It can also scalp your lawn if you set it too low, and there is a bit of play in the steering wheel.
In saying that, if you can get past those points, it’s smooth sailing ahead. This mower is a must-see machine that could be worth putting in your digital shopping cart.
- XT1 model
- Hydrostatic gas transmission
- Front engine
- 42-inch cutting deck
- 18 HP
- Stylish design
- Generous cutting deck
- Ideal for rough grass
- Vibrant color scheme
- Easy steering
- Minimal maintenance
- Comfortable to ride
- It can scalp the lawns
- It’s challenging to put it into reverse
- A lot of play in the steering wheel
- It throws the grass a fair distance
Considerations for Purchasing a Riding Lawn Mower
If you do, you can end up with one that’s not fit for purpose, and then you’re out of pocket. Read on to discover some top tips for purchasing a riding lawn mower that works for you.
- Engine SizeThe engine size means a lot in the scheme of things. The bigger and more complicated your lawn, the more power you need to get the job done. Aim for at least 18 HP if you want a mower of substance, or in the low 400CC rating for small lawns.
- Power TypeBelieve it or not, not every lawn mower operates on gas. Now, you can also get electric and battery powered as well. Before you buy the mower you think is best for you, think about the power types that might suit. Gas is going to be the most practical for many people, but it’s nice to know there are other options available.
- Cutting DeckYou might not think the cutting deck matters all that much, but it does. The bigger the cutting deck, the more lawns you can cover in a short space of time. Pay attention, too, to the frame size. If the cutting deck is wider, you’re about to get nice and close to fences and borders while having full control.
- ComfortUsing a riding lawn mower is always going to be more comfortable than pushing around a push mower. However, some are more luxurious than others. Pay attention to the seat type. Some are hard plastic, while others boast cushioned vinyl that’s soft and easy on your back.
- TransmissionIf you want a lot of power and the ability to cut through coarse grass, then pay attention to the transmission type. In many cases, the best one is hydrostatic gas which offers more get-up-and-go than other types.
- Attachments A riding lawn mower can mow your lawn, but what about mulching? If you want to mulch your lawn as well, then make sure the mower you choose can do that. Some come with that as a standard feature, but others, you need to buy attachments and extra parts.
- AssemblyBecause you are buying a riding lawn mower online, it has to be shipped to your destination. To do that, sometimes not all of the parts are assembled. Refer to the reviews and manufacturer comments to find out what stage of “finished” your mower arrives in. Sometimes, you only have to attach the seat. Other times, it’s more complex. If you’re not that clever with your hands, then consider paying extra for someone to come and assemble it for you.
Last update on 2021-01-22 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API