- 6-amp motor provides up to 34,000 cuts per minute
- 16 positive stops adjust the cutting depth anywhere from 0 to 1/8 inches
- Make rabbets up to 7/10 inch in size with the included rabbeting guide
- Lightweight design weighs in at a mere 6 pounds. Motor:120 V, 60 Hz
- Includes power planer, dust bag, a kickstand, a parallel fence bracket and a 2-year warranty
- Power: the Bosch PL2632K Jointer Planer features a 6. 5 amp Planer and 16, 500 RPM speed for fast stock removal and smooth finish in soft and hard wood. Weighing only 6. 3 lbs. , This wood Planer provides power and efficiency in a lightweight tool
- Convenient: our electric Planer is the first-ever power tool to have ambidextrous lock-off release button to help avoid accidental starts Plus a lock-on button for extended operation
- Protection: features a spring-loaded stand to elevate tool and protect blade and tool resting spot. The PL2632K thickness Planer offers a special shape allowing for easy entry in middle of work piece
- Accuracy: The aluminum front and rear shoes are precision-machined together for accuracy, and the tool has a machined groove for chamfering and sanding
- Versatility: The versatile two-blade hand plane system can be converted for use with large high-speed steel blades (optional accessories required). The dual-mount guide fence can be mounted on either side of tool, and its plastic overshoe prevents marring of door or work-piece face
- 6.5 AMP motor delivers more output power for fast material removal
- High power-to-weight ratio; weighs only 5.7 lbs.
- Planes up to 3-1/4"" wide and 3/32"" deep in a single pass
- Two-blade cutter head with 17,000 RPM delivers smooth finish
- Easy blade setting system for fast blade installation
- Heavy-duty 6 amp motor
- Dual side dust extraction allows for extraction on either side of the tool
- Overmold depth knob with 10 positive steps
- 3 chamfering grooves allow for options for edge chamfering
- Heavy-duty 6 amp motor
- Powerful 8-amp motor provides up to 32,000 cuts per minute
- Spacious 4-3/8-Inch cutting capacity perfect for planing 2x4s and 4x4s
- 16 positive stops adjust the cutting depth anywhere from 0 to 1/8 inches
- Two-way dust port shoots loose shavings to either the left or right depending on user preference.Rabetting:1/3 inch
- Includes a dust adapter, two fully reversible HSS planer blades, two V-shaped chamfer grooves, a parallel fence bracket, a rabbeting guide, an automatic kickstand, and a two-year warranty
- 3.8-amp motor provides up to 32,000 cuts per minute
- 9 positive stops adjust the cutting depth anywhere from 0 to 1/16 inches
- Lightweight design weighs in at a mere 4.3 pounds
- Includes an onboard storage slot for the blade adjustment wrench and a kickstand to prevent damage to your workpiece
- Backed by a two-year warranty
- PRECISION PLANING—The smooth kickstand prevents the blade from scratching finished surfaces, and the wrench storage keeps wrench in place during projects.
- CLEAN AND CLEAR SIGHTLINES—The dual chip exhaust keeps workspace clear of sawdust to make the most precise cuts.
- SAFETY FIRST—Lock-off switch prevents unintended startups.
- 15 amp benchtop thickness Planer motor allows for superior stock removal as its 8, 000 RPM cutter head speed provides 16, 000 cuts per minute. The two-knife, quick-change, solid steel cutter head assures smooth operation and long life. Ideal for dimensioning lumber to a desired thickness, and even planes glued-up materials.
- Hard and soft wood material removal: 15 amp motor provides power for both hard and soft wood material removal
- Maximum stock removal: Poly-V Cutterhead drive for maximum stock removal
- Smooth operation: Two knife, quick change, solid steel cutter, head mounted on ball bearings, assures smooth operation and long life
- Longer cutting life: high carbon steel, double edged, Reversible knives for cutting life
- EASY TO USE :The Wood planer is equipped with a contoured top handle and convenient trigger switch, this wood planer is easy to operate and use.Faster and more accurate than traditional handcraft.
- HIGH POWER MOTOR :Powerful Motor handles larger cuts in wider materials with ease,High temperature resistant copper wire design of the motor, low heat, large power, not easy to age, with long service life.
- ADJUSTABLE DEMAND :With cutter depth adjustment button, depth can be adjusted according to the demand.straight processing is stable,ensuring cutting is exact.
- SMOOTH WOOD :Finely processed aluminum bottom plate, so that the wood you planed is flat and smooth.Soft-starting motor features full-time electronic feedback that maintains motor speed through the cut.
- QUICK AND SAFE :This electric wood planer will make quick work of any project.The design of self-locking switch makes operation safer and more labor-saving,Wood planer is equipped with a contoured top handle and convenient trigger switch, this wood planer is easy to operate and use.
- Planes Up to 3-1/4" Wide and 5/64" Deep in a Single Pass
- 2-blade cutter head with double edge carbide blades for added performance and smooth finish
- High power-to-weight ratio; weighs only 7.4 lbs.
- 14,000 RPM motor engineered for fast stock removal
- Click depth adjustment knob with easy-to-read scale with settings from 0" to 5/64" for precise depth adjustment
Electric planers, or power planers, are multi-purpose tools that every home renovator or construction worker should own. In essence, it’s a belt sander, a manual hand plane, and a jointer, all rolled into one convenient package.
You can use an electric planer to shave out low spots in floor joists, plane angles into posts, plane door edges so they’ll shut properly, and create corners and edges that many people find labor-intensive by hand. An electric planer aims to take all the hard work out of woodworking tasks.
When it comes time to select an electric planer to suit your needs, you may wish to think about your requirements before you go ahead with a purchase. If you’re a DIYer, a lightweight planer may be all you require to get the job done.
However, if you’re a builder, a planer with a little more power could meet the mark a bit better. Then, you must decide whether you’re happy with a battery-powered tool or a corded one. There are so many decisions to make, so check out these products below to see if they tick any of the boxes.
9. WEN 6530 Electric Hand Planer
For the home renovator who wants to spend minimal time and money on a job, you may find this electric planer from WEN is a good option for you. It’s one of the most affordable planers on the market yet it’s still packed full of convenient features to help you get the job done far quicker than by hand.
Aside from the time you save from not having to plane by hand, you also benefit from exceptional amounts of power and versatility. This planer has a 6-amp motor capable of making up to 34,000 cuts in 60 seconds, and it weighs just six pounds. As it’s so lightweight, you won’t feel fatigue as you use the planer while working on a project.
If you struggle with accuracy on most woodworking tasks, you will be pleased to know this planer can help. With 16 stops in place, you’re able to adjust the cutting depth from zero all the way through to an eighth of an inch.
When you purchase this affordable planer, you also get excellent bang for your buck. You not only get an electric planer, but you receive a kickstand, fence bracket, two-year warranty for peace of mind, as well as a dust bag. You are sure to find this planer suits your DIY requirements perfectly.
8. PORTER CABLE PC60THP Hand Planer
Rather than while away the hours with an ineffective manual planer, you can take your woodworking to the next level with this electric planer from PORTER-CABLE. Whether you’re renovating your home or fine-tuning your woodworking skills, you will find this electric planer will suit your needs well.
It has a powerful 6-amp motor which is capable of making several thousand cuts per minute, and it’s also robust to last the distance. What’s more, it can help you with more than just planing. Because it has three chamfering grooves, you’re able to take care of your edge chamfering requirements as well. All of your woodworking requirements are covered with this one affordable tool.
If you find yourself making a mess, the addition of the dust extraction port will please you as well. You can attach a shop vacuum or dust extraction system to either side of the tool, making clean up a breeze once you’ve finished.
If you’re looking for an electric planer that will be both convenient and affordable, then this is the one for you.
7. DeWALT DCP580B Brushless Electric Planers
If you desire the convenience of letting a tool do all the hard work opposed to yourself, then it might be time to invest in this electric planer from DeWALT. Given that it’s from a well-known manufacturer, you can rest assured that it’s a tool that will last the distance.
Delivering on power, this planer can carry out over 30,000 cuts per minute while letting you adjust it to a depth of 5/64th-inch. It also has a no-load speed of 15,000 RPM, offering plenty of power to get the job done every time.
If it’s precision you require, then get set to be impressed. With front and rear aluminum shoes which have been precision-machined, you can rest assured every cut you make will be parallel. What’s more, those cuts will be gouge-free. As this electric planer comes with a kickstand, you’re able to rest it on your work surface while benefiting from full protection.
Very rarely will you find an electric planer that’s both affordable and effective at what it does, so snap up this rarity on the market before it’s too late.
6. Bosch PL1632 Electric Planer
Whether you require an electric planer for residential or commercial use, you will find this one from Bosch will cater to all your requirements and more. Aside from being affordable so that more people can afford to own it, it also features a robust motor, and several different features to make your planing experience smooth sailing.
The motor is 6.5 amps with an RPM of 16,500, it can make cuts in wood quickly and smoothly, and it’s also suitable for both soft and hardwood types. What’s more, it’s designed for the most steady and even cut. It can achieve this cut thanks to the dual-mount fence guide and plastic overshoe which helps you to plane doors easily. Rather than put up with unsightly marred edges, you can rest assured your door edges are protected throughout the entire process.
While it’s protecting your work surfaces, it’s also protecting the tool and blade. With a spring-loaded stand, this electric planer is entirely safeguarded as it rests on your workpiece.
You are also sure to be impressed by the level of comfort on offer with this planer as well. With an angled and soft grip handle, you’ll feel comfortable the entire time you’re using the tool.
If you’re ready to throw your manual hand planer away for something that’ll get the job done quicker and better, then invest in this planer from Bosch.
5. Makita KP0810 Electric Planers
Not every electric planer you come across on the market is going to be suitable for your needs, but you may find this one is as good as perfect. Not only do you receive a high-quality, robust and powerful planer to undertake a range of tasks, but you get plenty of accessories as well.
For one price, you receive the blade gauge assembly, a wrench, guide rule, depth guide, blade set and a dust bag. What’s more, all of these items will come in handy when you’re undertaking an important woodworking task.
Aside from the accessories, you will also be impressed with the performance. This planer will make cuts of up to three and a quarter inches wide, as well as at a depth of 5/32-inch in one pass. It also has two blades on its cutter head so you can remove wood on either side, at speeds of up to 16,000 RPM.
If you need to make chamfer edges, this planer can help with that task too. It comes with three different chamfering groove options to give you variety while you work. However, the benefits don’t end there. You can make depth adjustments with 0.1mm stops, the housing of the electric planer is aluminum for better durability, and it even has a spring-loaded stand to protect both your tool and the workpiece. There are so many features packed into one small device.
Even though this electric planer is exceptionally powerful, it’s also very lightweight and comfortable to use. Benefit from reduced user fatigue all thanks to its lightweight body and comfortable handle. You are sure to find this planer more than meets the mark in every way.
4. Triton TPL180 Triple Blade Planer
If you work in the construction industry, you will know all too well how much convenience an electric planer can add to a job. However, you will be pleased to know you can get the job done that much better with a triple blade electric planer from Triton. Rather than waste time with smaller models which take more time and effort, you can upgrade to a 1,500-watt planer that takes care of hardwoods and heavy-duty wood that would overwork a smaller tool.
You can make cuts seven inches wide in one pass, benefit from 10 different stops of depth control, and enjoy a precise cut every time. What’s more, the finish is also much better than what a smaller planer can offer. It’s smoother, more accurate, and takes far less time to achieve the same result.
Given its size, the comfort is surprising. The grips are over-molded for better support and control, and you will find you don’t feel as much fatigue as you would with others as well. The handle is also adjustable to suit your unique working angle too. You are sure to love the robustness and convenience of this triple blade planer from Triton.
3. Makita 1002BA Curved Base Electric Planer
If you have particular requirements when it comes to choosing an electric planer, then maybe this Makita curved base planer can help. Designed to help you make cuts in wood with a curved radius, it’s a practical and powerful tool with a unique task.
It’s powered by an 8.6-amp motor, releases 15,000 revs per minute, and is designed as a heavy-duty and robust tool that any construction worker would be pleased to own. What’s more, it’s packed full of features to make your life that much more comfortable. It can notch out logs at a curved radius of 12-5/8th-inch, it discharges wood chips through its large ejection chute, and it has both front and rear grips for better control as well. Therefore, you can feel a lot safer as you operate this tool.
The benefits don’t end there, however. When you buy this electric planer, you get accessories to go with it, too. The blade gauge, sharpening holder, wrench, and blade set are all sure to further enhance the convenience aspect of this planer.
If a standard electric planer doesn’t fulfill your requirements, then maybe this curved base planer will.
2. Black + Decker 7698K Electric Planer
Black & Decker is well known for its quality power tools, and you will find this electric planer is no exception to the rule. As a powerful 5.2-amp planer that’s suitable for a variety of users, it’s a “must have” in any DIYer or construction worker’s toolkit. It can make cuts of 5/64-inch deep, carries out 16,500 revolutions in one minute, and even caters to your need for decorative work as well. As a result, even woodworkers will appreciate the value in this planer.
If you need to adjust it, it’s effortless to do so as well. It has ten positive stops as well as an adjustment handle at the front. All your needs are covered with this electric planer. What users also appreciate about this planer is its affordability. Rather than spend hundreds of dollars on a tool you may not get to use all the time, you can spend a fraction of the price on this one. You don’t compromise on quality, but you get to save money which is always appreciated.
If the time has come to upgrade your tool supply, this planer should be one of the first to add to the list.
1. Ryobi HPL52K Corded Electric Hand Planer with Kickstand and Dual Dust Ports
If you love the look and feel of Ryobi power tools, then you’ll appreciate the consistency that follows with this electric planer. Designed to tie in beautifully with the rest of the Ryobi range, it’s a high-quality yet robust planer that’s suitable for a variety of people.
Whether you’re in the construction industry or you’re dabbling in a little DIY at home, you will find this affordable planer will tick all the boxes for your needs. It’s far lighter, more compact, and more powerful than the previous Ryobi model, and its 6-amp motor will deliver on power time and time again. What’s more, it has a generous 1/8-inch cutting depth, while being adjustable in increments as well.
If you’re worried about your workpiece as you use this electric planer, you don’t need to be. This tool has a kickstand which means you can place it down on a table or workpiece without damaging either the tool’s blade or the piece you’re working on.
When you’re ready to get to work and get some planing underway, there’s every reason to consider this tool as your next purchase.
Last update on 2020-12-04 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API